Late departure from Venice - Welcome aboard show?

Cassicruiser

Our upcoming cruise on the Spirit departs from Venice at 11pm, and I was wondering what time the welcome aboard show is on the 1st night. We would like to board with enough time to have dinner and see the show, (or vice versa), and then be out on deck by 10.45 for sailaway.

We will complete check-in around lunchtime, and then go off the ship to spend some more time in Venice before returning, so would love to know the timing on the first night so that we can plan when to reboard the ship. Thanks :)

Just curious as to why you put such an emphasis on the welcome aboard "show". I would not even call it a show, and in my opinion is pretty naff.

And I am just curious to know why you felt the need to make such a negative comment on somebody's honest question..... What makes you in position to decide what people should or shouldn't like....?

And I am just curious to know why you felt the need to make such a negative comment on somebody's honest question..... What makes you in position to decide what people should or shouldn't like....?

Exactly what is negative about my question? I am asking a perfectly reasonable question to Cassicruiser (not to anybody else) as to why they wish to put such an emphasis on the welcome aboard "show". Your post does not help at all and casting unnecessary aspersions does nobody any favours.

Thank you Trumpnor for saying exactly what I was thinking when I read the first response from Blackburnrovers. I wasn't asking for someone's opinion of the welcome aboard show, just for the timing.

But...I'll answer the question - we happen to really enjoy the welcome aboard show. We've done several cruises, and naf or not, we've always enjoyed the show the first night. There are a few 'naf' things about cruising, and we love them all! We go to the shows every night (and we have seen many wonderful ones and many meh ones, and a few (very few) awful ones, but we love the experience of being able to go. That's part of the fun of being on a cruise ship for us. I'm not putting an emphasis on it, it's just part of our first night that we would like to include if it fits into our time frame. Also we have 3 nights in Venice pre cruise so feel we can board a little earlier to enjoy the first night on the ship.

Anyway, back to my original question, if anyone has an answer for me :D