Regal M101

ne1travel

We are on the Regal next month in L101. I was concerned about access during sea days, but other posts on here and some videos on YouTube show there are no access restrictions. The only limiting things discussed are the wind and that you need to keep the balcony door curtains closed at night so the light doesn't impact the bridge below.

We had cabin M101 on the Regal last week. I can report that the balcony door was never locked and was always accessible to us. Most days there was a light breeze at most, thus we used our balcony ever day of our 7 day cruise. It was a great cabin with the love seat in a quiet area of the ship. Although the balcony definitely has an obstructed view with part of the bridge below jutting out and the solid metal of the balcony rail, the huge size of the balcony more than makes up for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had cabin M101 on the Regal last week. I can report that the balcony door was never locked and was always accessible to us. Most days there was a light breeze at most, thus we used our balcony ever day of our 7 day cruise. It was a great cabin with the love seat in a quiet area of the ship. Although the balcony definitely has an obstructed view with part of the bridge below jutting out and the solid metal of the balcony rail, the huge size of the balcony more than makes up for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the updated status on the balcony!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking at booking on the Regal forward Balcony M101. Says obstructed view and acccess is on port days. I know it can be windy can it ever be used at sea?

Have sailed in this cabin twice. The obstruction is the fact that the balcony is not Plexiglas but steel...so you have to stand to see out. Balcony is very large and pretty much protected. How many days is your cruise and where ? You will have a small love seat across from desk / fridge area, and a small table. The balcony is accessible at all times and not locked. Balcony is very private and having Lido deck above makes it pretty quiet.

It is a wonderful cabin if the cruise is port intensive.....waking up in the morning as you come into port the site is awesome.

We were in L101 this past November. It was an awesome cabin. The wind was not horrible, the balcony was huge. We enjoyed standing at the rail entering and leaving ports. The cabin was quiet and peaceful. We love forward facing balconies, though so YMMV.

If I can answer any questions I would be happy to.

We were in L101 this past November. It was an awesome cabin. The wind was not horrible, the balcony was huge. We enjoyed standing at the rail entering and leaving ports. The cabin was quiet and peaceful. We love forward facing balconies, though so YMMV.

If I can answer any questions I would be happy to.

Thanks medsed! This will be my first balcony and, from what I read, L101 will probably spoil me.

Hoosier-Cruiser ...........this cabin will definitely spoil you........we have also stayed in this area on the Royal twice.

We were blessed with an upsell offer to the M107 mini suite on a 10 day Caribbean cruise .

When we sail the Regal or the Royal this is our cabin area of choice if available.

Have sailed in this cabin twice. The obstruction is the fact that the balcony is not Plexiglas but steel...so you have to stand to see out. Balcony is very large and pretty much protected. How many days is your cruise and where ? You will have a small love seat across from desk / fridge area, and a small table. The balcony is accessible at all times and not locked. Balcony is very private and having Lido deck above makes it pretty quiet.

It is a wonderful cabin if the cruise is port intensive.....waking up in the morning as you come into port the site is awesome.

We are looking at a 7 day Western Caribbean but not sure on the dates yet.

We enjoy reading and a quiet place which is sometimes hard to find. We often do the Sanctuary but it is often full and no guarantee of a spot.

Is this Balcony somewhat shaded?

The balcony in L101 is actually wider than the cabin it is definitely a larger balcony. We had that cabin on the Royal and will book it again in a heartbeat. If you could grab it I certainly would if you love the forward view and if you want to big balcony it is the cabin of your dreams.

The balcony for M101 is the width of the cabin, it is not as wide!

We are looking at a 7 day Western Caribbean but not sure on the dates yet.

We enjoy reading and a quiet place which is sometimes hard to find. We often do the Sanctuary but it is often full and no guarantee of a spot.

Is this Balcony somewhat shaded?

If I remember about 1/2 - 2/3 shaded. Very large balcony....quiet

I booked the M101 this morning for a cruise on the Regal next January. L101 was also available, is there any difference between M101 & L101?

Thanks for the help...

Hope this picture helps! We have stayed in L102 and M101. Both were great , but would go with L102 for larger balcony and being a little higher up with better view. Also lucked out on a 10 day cruise and received upsell to M108.

9143908146_46dc0d3e63_b.jpg

L101 & 102 are now not available. A little late. Good to know for the future. L103 is still available if there's any advantage over M101 let me know

the view would be better and you could just walk to HC for breakfast....I am in love with the regal 1st and then the Royal and especially these cabins

I would go for lido forward cabins anytime I can In the future. Our next cruise on the Royal (on march 30th...really soon) we are in M101 because Lido was booked. The convenience and the view are awesome!! If I book on the Royal or Regal again I will always go for a forward view and Lido would always be my first choice.

the view would be better and you could just walk to HC for breakfast....I am in love with the regal 1st and then the Royal and especially these cabins

Just switched from M101 to L103. Last one available on Lido deck.

Thanks for all the info and tips.

😎