New to Celebrity

caseythegr

Hello

I just booked our first Celebrity cruise on the Summit. We have sailed on RCCL, NCL, and Carnival, so I am looking forward to a new cruise experience. I booked a Veranda (S1)(corrected to 2B) on deck 9 aft. This morning there is a FV available for $100 more. This is a corner aft cabin in deck 9, besides the larger space/balcony are there any other benefits to upgrading to this cabin?

Also any tips for newbies that we should/shouldn't do?

Thank you in advance.

Laurie:D

Edited by caseythegr
correct cabin category

Hello

I just booked our first Celebrity cruise on the Summit. We have sailed on RCCL, NCL, and Carnival, so I am looking forward to new cruise experience. I booked a Veranda (S1) on deck 9 aft. This morning there is a FV available for $100 more. This is a corner aft cabin in deck 9, besides the larger space/balcony are there any other benefits to upgrading to this cabin?

Also any tips for newbies that we should/shouldn't do?

Thank you in advance.

Laurie:D

If you are really in an S1 you are in a Sky Suite. The FV (although still more space) would actually be a downgrade, not an upgrade. You would lose all your suite benefits including Michaels Club, Luminae, etc.

If you are in a standard veranda - grab this FV NOW before it is gone.

Mike

If you are really in an S1 you are in a Sky Suite. The FV (although still more space) would actually be a downgrade, not an upgrade. You would lose all your suite benefits including Michaels Club, Luminae, etc.

If you are in a standard veranda - grab this FV NOW before it is gone.

Mike

Thanks Mike.

Thanks for answering so quickly! Yes we are in a standard veranda, wish I was in a Sky Suite :D, I should have said we are in a category 2B (cabin 9161)

Laurie

In that case, there is really no question in my mind. Corner FVs are among the most coveted M class cabins. Before the suite life benefits were introduced, I would have chosen one above a sky suite. Now, not so much. But definitely over any other veranda.

You will love the extra space and extra extra large balcony.

Have you booked it yet?

Mike

In that case, there is really no question in my mind. Corner FVs are among the most coveted M class cabins. Before the suite life benefits were introduced, I would have chosen one above a sky suite. Now, not so much. But definitely over any other veranda.

You will love the extra space and extra extra large balcony.

Have you booked it yet?

Mike

Mike I am speaking with an agent right now. She is telling me that I have to have 5 passengers in order to book this cabin. I said just try to book us in the cabin... and wala! We now have a corner after (9171) for $122.00 more!

Thanks Mike!

Laurie

Edited by caseythegr
grammar

Mike I am speaking with an agent right now. She is telling me that I have to have 5 passengers in order to book this cabin. I said just try to book us in the cabin... and wala! We now have a corner after (9171) for $122.00 more!

Thanks Mike!

Laurie

You will be very happy! Good choice

Thanks Mike!

Laurie

Yes, they are initially reserved for 5 or more, but at some point get released for anyone to book if not sold. Sometimes this happens close to sailing, surprisingly sometimes many months before.

Once you see it on the website for two, it is available to book. Good for you telling the agent to try and not accepting that you needed 5 people.

Congratulations, you will love it.

Mike