A Winter Escape: Dream 2.0

Indytraveler83

I've heard that the large screen where they show the movies by the pool was getting old and having issues. Did they fix/replace it or did you even notice? How about the carpeting and paint throughout the ship, did you notice a difference and it feel much newer? We are in a Spa Balcony on deck 11, will we be "exposed" any from above or is that mainly the balconies on deck 12?

Looking forward to your review! Thanks so much!

I'm excited to read your review. I sail her on Sunday. I haven't sailed Carnival in several years and am unfamiliar with staggered check-in. If my check in time is 1030-1100, is there an issue if I decide not to get there until 1:00?

Thanks

Background info:

Ok feel free to keep asking questions, but I'll take this opportunity to get my first post out:

Our Staterooms: In an effort to combat some skepticism about amenities and the lido we selected Spa balconies, cabins 12206, 12208 and 12210. These rooms weren't cheap, but surprisingly cheaper than lido balconies.

The trip: We all arrived on Friday to stay 2 nights in Hotel St. Pierre in the French Quarter before cruising on Sunday. This is the Dream's Jamaica/Grand Caymen/Cozumel run, and while Jake and I have been to Cozumel twice before, no one had been to any of the ports otherwise.

Do you have a picture of one of the staterooms? Could you tell what work had been done to the staterooms during refurbishment, or was it a case of items (bedding, decor) being replaced with something identical?

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences at the ports. We'll be doing the same itinerary later this year.

Blessings,

SiraJoy

I've heard that the large screen where they show the movies by the pool was getting old and having issues. Did they fix/replace it or did you even notice? How about the carpeting and paint throughout the ship, did you notice a difference and it feel much newer? We are in a Spa Balcony on deck 11, will we be "exposed" any from above or is that mainly the balconies on deck 12?

Looking forward to your review! Thanks so much!

The big screen did not look like it had been repaired unfortunately. Still saw quite a bit of color distortion.

The carpet, paint and decking had been replaced on a massive scale in public areas and while not different, it definitely felt newer.

Deck 11 balconies will be covered by the ones on 12. 12 are the ones that are exposed.

I'm excited to read your review. I sail her on Sunday. I haven't sailed Carnival in several years and am unfamiliar with staggered check-in. If my check in time is 1030-1100, is there an issue if I decide not to get there until 1:00?

Thanks

I'm not aware of any problems if you are late, only if you are early. But you may want to check the rules for sure. We always make our window, so I don't have experience with that.

Do you have a picture of one of the staterooms? Could you tell what work had been done to the staterooms during refurbishment, or was it a case of items (bedding, decor) being replaced with something identical?

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences at the ports. We'll be doing the same itinerary later this year.

Blessings,

SiraJoy

As far as I could tell, no changes were made in staterooms, only repairs. I did notice that we frequently were using brand new towels and our bedding smelled new. I did not see any wear on the carpet in our room either.

Thanks

You will be fine. There is only an issue if you show up before your check in window. At port of New Orleans they check at the door and before the escalators.

And my last post seemed sort of negative, so let me balance that out a bit, because I loved the cabins:

*You can definitely work on a tan on your balcony. Great for sunbathers.

*Sunset/Sunrise views and views of ports are spectacular. I took tons of panorama shots.

*If you like the spa, you couldn't be closer. Very very easy to get to Cloud 9 and Serenity.

I love your positive spin. I didn't think you were negative at all, just keeping it real.

People can definitely see down on you, but most didn't pay attention to us. The angle is kind of awkward to look down, so we often ended up overhearing conversations without people having any clue we were just below them.

The cabins are very quiet at night, but during the day you can occasionally hear deck chairs being moved on serenity.

During the day the sun blazes down into the windows, so keep curtains pulled shut if you want the AC to keep up.

I love your positive spin. I didn't think it was negative at all.

We were on a back to back on the Dream just before drydock, they started tearing things down the night before we left, Can't wait to see your review and I hope photos! They definitely needed new carpet, to fix Big Screen TV on Lido- had alot of missing pixels. I can't wait to go on the Dream again and see all the changes. I did feel really bad for the dancers, the band and the two main singers- they all had to reapply for new positions as all of theirs were eliminated with PlayList Productions being added. I loved Deck Five on this ship!!

Do you have a picture of one of the staterooms? Could you tell what work had been done to the staterooms during refurbishment, or was it a case of items (bedding, decor) being replaced with something identical?Looking forward to hearing about your experiences at the ports. We'll be doing the same itinerary later this year.

Blessings,

SiraJoy

We had a balcony cabin on deck nine. It looked to me like the carpet was new and probably most if not all of the bedding. The dust ruffle under the beds looked brand new, just out of the package. I could tell because of the way they were wrinkled. The odd thing was the window curtain. It matched the dust ruffle exactly but didn't have the wrinkles so either they didn't replace the curtains or it's possible the stain was new. It could have been caused by a worker after they were hung. The one thing I noticed that they definitely didn't replace and probably should have were the sofa cushions. They were worn and a little dirty looking. None of this bothered me though. I am not particularly fussy. other than that the cabin was in great shape.

Following, we will be on her on March 5th and I cannot wait. This will be our second time on the Dream excited to see the updates and my favorite the Alchemy Bar. (where is the Alchemy located?)

What makes the Alchemy Bar your favorite? We'll be on the Dream in July:)