Five in a Grand Suite

JamashP

We just got off the 11/4/05 Voyager. We are a family of five (Me, DW, DD13, DD11, and DS7) and stayed in a grand suite. My wife and I were on the queen bed, two children shared the sofa, and one slept on the roll-away bed.

The roll away was brought into the room and set up each evening. It was taken away each morning. The children all wanted the roll-away, as it was quite comfortable. Since we were on a 9 night cruise, they each got three nights on the roll-away and six nights with one of their siblings on the sofa. There were no complaints at all.

We could have gotten two balcony rooms for just a few more dollars, but we wanted to all be in the same room. It worked out very well for our family.

We also got concierge service which was helpful. They were able to secure white (priority) disembarking tags, so we were part of the first groups off the ship on Sunday morning.

The prioity check-in also worked very well for us. There was a huge delay on the arrival of the ship, so all the passengers leaving the ship and the passengers arriving to get on the ship seemed to all be in port at one time. With priority boarding, we lucked out and spent less than 50 minutes getting onto the ship. And that included waiting 15 minutes to park, drop off the luggage, checking-in, getting our passes, and taking the bus over to the ship. We heard horror stories from other passengers who waited 3, 4, and some 5 hours to get onto the ship.

Anyway, we stayed in room 1588 and had a great time. It was a wonderful cabin for us.

Scott

Archived