Celebrity Equinox Review - Ultimate Caribbean Cruise, January 30th - February 10th

JenGTravels

What a great review and a wonderful insight to the Equinox. We are first time cruisers booked on this ship in September. I would really appreciate if anyone could take time to answer a few questions. We have classic drinks package, ideally don't want to upgrade to premium unless we need to. The things we are hoping for from this would be a nice (not expensive) wine with dinner, a nice beer for the men and a few nice cocktails for the ladies. Do you think this will work or would it be beneficial to upgrade? We also wanted to book some speciality dining but wasn't sure if our package would cover wine in these restaurants or that we would have to buy it. Could someone confirm this? Also please could someone advise which restaurants are included at no extra charge and which would be included in the specialty package? One more thing before I leave, can we get soft drinks and bottled water for our room or excursions? Many thanks in advance ;p

Hi telnshell,

We all had the classic alcohol drink package and never had a hard time finding a drink included in the package. If you go to one of the fancier bars like the World Class, then those drinks are not included in the package. The package covers some wine in the specialty restaurants. If you get a specialty dining package, some wine is included in that as well.

They were really good about handing out bottled water before excursions to people with drink packages. They were coming around in the buffet and had someone by the exit whenever the ship was in port. You can also get sodas and bottled water to take back to your room but it has to be one at a time per drink package (one water and one soda each).

The restaurants that are part of the specialty dining and have an extra charge or need a package are The Tuscan Grille, Murano, Silk Harvest and Sushi on Five. Blu is for Aqua Class passengers, Luminae is only for suite guests. Some items at the Spa Cafe do cost extra like the smoothies. Almost all the drinks at Cafe Al Bacio are included in the classic package and the treats there are free. Gelato is an extra cost at the Gelateria. The buffet and main dining room are no extra charge.

Hope that helps!

You were okay with this excursion? Someone else on CC said the river tour was terrible. Do you remember the names of the tours you took? Both the Cartagena one and the Costa Rica one thru Brown tours?

We did Tour #1 on the Oscar Brown site. It was raining that day so some of the stops were abbreviated. Only one of us got out to take pictures at the beach. Nobody was super interested in the banana plantation because it was pouring when we got there. Overall though, I thought the tour was good and worth it for the money. I enjoyed the boat ride on the river the most and we saw all of the animals they said we would see. It probably wasn't everyone's cup of tea but I enjoyed it.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. A question about the "behind the scenes"; I've read other cruise lines give out souvenirs on their ship tours- did celebrity have any swanky gifts?

We did not receive any swanky gifts. We did get a lanyard cardholder thing that we got to keep at the end. I don't think I would call it swanky though. haha

Liked reading your review... did you keep copies of the daily schedules??

Unfortunately, I didn't keep any of the schedules. We tossed out a giant stack of them at the end of the trip because we didn't want to carry them home.

I'm 21 days away from my Equinox sailing and I'm going to try to post all of the dailies, the MDR dinner menus, and most importantly, the beer list at Gastrobar!

AWESOME! I'LL BE FOLLOWING! ! Sailing on her in 41 days! [emoji484] [emoji481] [emoji572] [emoji41]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app