Jane Iredale (pressed mineral powder) vs Bare Minerals

itsanita

I have been reading so many good things about Bare Minerals on these boards. I am in my 50's but still have oily skin. I started using Jane Iredale (pressed mineral powder) make up and it is so much better than any other foundation I have used. But it is very pricey and sounds like it might be similar to Bare Minerals.

...are any of you familar with Jame Iredale products and is it similar to Bare Minerals??

Thanks, Anita

I'm pretty sure it can be referred to as either Bare Minerals or Bare Escentuals.

I also do not know anything about Jane Iredale, but I know that if you go to Ulta or Sephora, you can try out Bare Minerals in the store or buy a try-me kit for much cheaper than paying full price for each item in it.

I haven't tried either brands but after watching Bare Essentials, I saw an infomercial on HSN with Leeza Gibbons and Sheer Cover. It was less than the cost of the Bare Essentials so I decided to give it a try. I love it!

It is $29.95 for the two color foundations, finishing powder, concealer and brushes. This is a month supply but I don't use it everyday and it has lasted longer than a month.

I figured for $30, I could give it a try and it was worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

well..... I finally went out and bought the "starter kit", used it for a couple weeks and then returned it! I know I am probably the only woman in the world that did not like it. The look was fine, but it was way to messy for me to deal with every morning. So I am back to my Jane Iredale... its the same mineral type make up, put on with a powder brush, but its in a compact and does not have all the loose powder.... JA costs a little more, but I like it better. Did really like the mineral veil. Bought some of that. The brushes were great, but I aready use very similar ones.

Anyway, if anyone wants to try the bare minerals (essentials), Sephora and the basic starter kit is a great way to try it. They were very helpful there, showed me how to use it, (actually put in on me in the store and gave me great advise) and took it back without any problems.

Archived