Labadee - Beach Bungalow

Ja2012

Has anyone rented a beach bungalow on labadee? It looks like a cabana but it's specifically called a beach bungalow on RCI's website. How far away is it from the beach? Does it come with any perks other than getting out of the sun?

I'll be sailing with my wife and our 2 year old Son. We like labadee but we fear it'd be too much for our son. This is the only structure that doesn't have a minimum age. I'd really like an over the water cabana, but there's a 4 year old minimum.

We tried to rent one on our last cruise, but they were booked and it was 10 months before the cruise. If you are considering, book as soon as you book the cruise if available. Sometimes they hold some for booking on the ship but they are gone quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This stop is rather lame. Bearly worth getting off the ship.

The most of the area is clean thanks to international police force that will be dining with you.

You can walk to the beach area though they offer a free tram. One area on the short walk (1/4 mi at most) has local artist vending wares. Products nice but the vendors are in your personal space the whole time... creepy.

We chose to get off, relax, eat the provided buffet and return to the ship.

We heard complaints from other guests on Freedom of the Seas, there was not the available food on the ship frome those that choose not to get off.

If we do return in the future, we're stain on the ship.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

This stop is rather lame. Bearly worth getting off the ship.

The most of the area is clean thanks to international police force that will be dining with you.

You can walk to the beach area though they offer a free tram. One area on the short walk (1/4 mi at most) has local artist vending wares. Producokts nice but the vendors are in your personal space the whole time... creepy.

We chose to get off, relax, eat the provided buffet and return to the ship.

We heard complaints from other guests on Freedom of the Seas, there was not the available food on the ship frome those that choose not to get off.

If we do return in the future, we're stain on the ship.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

Has anyone rented a beach bungalow on labadee? It looks like a cabana but it's specifically called a beach bungalow on RCI's website. How far away is it from the beach? Does it come with any perks other than getting out of the sun?

Rented one over water in Juiy 16 for$495 , it was great used it all day there was 6 of use so divided by person it was 81.00

We just had one on our stop at

Labadee two weeks ago. They are all of the way at the end of Columbus cove. There are only the row of chairs between you and the beach. There are two nice chairs plus as many of the other loungers as you want. They come with two mats but the attendants will get you more mats if you want for bigger parties.

The bathrooms are about 100 meters away and we got to eat before the non-bungalow people next to us did.

Also - only one person has to pay. You don't need to book it in every persons name. I searched and searched and searched before booking one to verify this. We paid $250 for it with four of us.

I'll be sailing with my wife and our 2 year old Son. We like labadee but we fear it'd be too much for our son. This is the only structure that doesn't have a minimum age. I'd really like an over the water cabana, but there's a 4 year old minimum.

Can anyone confirm if this is enforced? We get a cabana every cruise and this time we will have a one year-old with us and this never even crossed my mind. I assumed we would just carry him in with no issues? I was worried because I know there's a six person limit in the cabana and there will be six of us plus the baby.

Can anyone confirm if this is enforced? We get a cabana every cruise and this time we will have a one year-old with us and this never even crossed my mind. I assumed we would just carry him in with no issues? I was worried because I know there's a six person limit in the cabana and there will be six of us plus the baby.

I can confirm there are no age restrictions. I was on Oasis(January 29th, 2017 sailing) and my 3 year old and 1 year old daughter came with us into the over water bungalow cabana's without any issues.

Also depending on who you get on the phone when you call Royal Caribbean they will tell you that you can't book it for someone under 4 (they don't really know). If you don't believe me email royal Caribbean's shore excursions and they will confirm what I am saying (that's what I did, I just can't find the email anymore or I would of copy and paste it).

I can confirm there are no age restrictions. I was on Oasis(January 29th, 2017 sailing) and my 3 year old and 1 year old daughter came with us into the over water bungalow cabana's without any issues.

Also depending on who you get on the phone when you call Royal Caribbean they will tell you that you can't book it for someone under 4 (they don't really know). If you don't believe me email royal Caribbean's shore excursions and they will confirm what I am saying (that's what I did, I just can't find the email anymore or I would of copy and paste it).

Thanks for the confirmation! I booked it online and just put it in my name so I think everything will be just fine.

We just had one on our stop at

Labadee two weeks ago. They are all of the way at the end of Columbus cove. There are only the row of chairs between you and the beach. There are two nice chairs plus as many of the other loungers as you want. They come with two mats but the attendants will get you more mats if you want for bigger parties.

The bathrooms are about 100 meters away and we got to eat before the non-bungalow people next to us did.

Also - only one person has to pay. You don't need to book it in every persons name. I searched and searched and searched before booking one to verify this. We paid $250 for it with four of us.

Good to hear! We have one booked on our July cruise on the Oasis. There are 8 of us so I figure it will be put to good use.