Amex/Princess Deal for 2006

Lynda90

Sure, I will be happy to let you know when I hear back from my TA. I used a two future cruise deposits ($100 each) to book my cruises and final payment is not due until sometime in June 06. It would be really great to get the OBC for my both 06 (b2b) cruises.

Lindabaker - Did you pay for your FCC (onboard future cruise credit cerrtficates) with your Amex Plat card??? - (I think that would be considered the 'deposit' and have to be paid w/ your Amex???).......would you get all the 'Perks' for just final payment?? :rolleyes:

Lindabaker - Did you pay for your FCC (onboard future cruise credit cerrtficates) with your Amex Plat card??? - (I think that would be considered the 'deposit' and have to be paid w/ your Amex???).......would you get all the 'Perks' for just final payment?? :rolleyes:

Renee, yes I did use it. I use my Amex for everything I can. Once in a while I run into a place that doesn't accept it. For example, my pharmacy insurance plan dictates that I use Walgreens and Walgreens does not accept Amex.

I did hear back from my TA and she is working on this for me and many others. She said that due to these boards (hahaha-her words) she has been barraged with requests for this promo and the other one we discussed in great detail a week or so ago. She also pointed out that due to the great pricing she gets in certain cabin categories, it may not be worth it to change to an upgrade and may even turn out to cost more.

I must be missing something here. My regular green Amex, so far as I know, is pay-in full-when-due, which I always do. I've rejected the Platinum card offers because I didn't want extended payments. How much does the regular Amex Platinum cost per year? Maybe I should upgrade.

There are charge cards and there are revolving credit cards. The green, gold and platinum are charge cards. Those are due in full each month and require an annual membership, I think fees are $ 35, $ 95 and $ 395 respectively.

The other AmEx cards, like "Blue", "One", "Clear" and partner cards like Starwood, HHonors, etc, are revolving cards - balances can be paid over time.

Only the Platinum charge card qualifies for this particular "card benefit". The Platinum card has a high annual fee but has extra perks that frequent travelers may enjoy and use which ultimately pay for the card. Something to consider.

My TA confirmed the $ 300 credit is only for Suites. We're in a mini-suite so it doesn't count. I'm still waiting on the final outcome and details.

There are charge cards and there are revolving credit cards. The green, gold and platinum are charge cards. Those are due in full each month and require an annual membership, I think fees are $ 35, $ 95 and $ 395 respectively.

The other AmEx cards, like "Blue", "One", "Clear" and partner cards like Starwood, HHonors, etc, are revolving cards - balances can be paid over time.

Only the Platinum charge card qualifies for this particular "card benefit". The Platinum card has a high annual fee but has extra perks that frequent travelers may enjoy and use which ultimately pay for the card. Something to consider.

My TA confirmed the $ 300 credit is only for Suites. We're in a mini-suite so it doesn't count. I'm still waiting on the final outcome and details.

You are absolutely correct. Heard back from my TA and she said she heard back from Amex and my Hilton Hhonors card does not qualify. She was told that the $395 annual fee Platinum cards qualify. I do not choose to have an annual fee so no credit for this promotion. Oh well, it was worth trying.:D

You are absolutely correct. Heard back from my TA and she said she heard back from Amex and my Hilton Hhonors card does not qualify. She was told that the $395 annual fee Platinum cards qualify. I do not choose to have an annual fee so no credit for this promotion. Oh well, it was worth trying.:D

Lynda,

Long time no see. How are you...yes it is it is...the infamous dogsitter! i lurk around on the boards but haven't posted since i am not cruising right now. I hope you are well!

I happen to work for AMEX...Plat. charge cards are $300 per year. They have awesome bennies. I haven't checked out the cruise offer...but I do know for a fact if you book 1st or buisness class through our plat travel services on an international flight you get that same itenerary for free. That pays for the card right there. You also get to utilize the conceirge service....which is handy dandy to be sure.

I don't pay for my amex card...but i don't travel alot either.

Just my $.02. :D

Lynda,

Long time no see. How are you...yes it is it is...the infamous dogsitter! i lurk around on the boards but haven't posted since i am not cruising right now. I hope you are well!

I happen to work for AMEX...Plat. charge cards are $300 per year. They have awesome bennies. I haven't checked out the cruise offer...but I do know for a fact if you book 1st or buisness class through our plat travel services on an international flight you get that same itenerary for free. That pays for the card right there. You also get to utilize the conceirge service....which is handy dandy to be sure.

I don't pay for my amex card...but i don't travel alot either.

Hey Deb, great to hear from you. I miss hearing from you. Please post again on our "never-ending" thread. I'm sure the whole group would like hearing from you.

I had hoped to meet you on the Mexican cruise and was disappointed to hear that it didn't work out.

Thanks for the Amex info. I'm sure the Platinum ($300/yr.) card is great and sounds like lots of benefits. But, I rarely fly much with exception of cruise departure cities. I also am not willing to pay an annual fee to use a credit card.

Anyway, thanks for the info and it was great hearing from you.:D :D

Hey Deb, great to hear from you. I miss hearing from you. Please post again on our "never-ending" thread. I'm sure the whole group would like hearing from you.

I had hoped to meet you on the Mexican cruise and was disappointed to hear that it didn't work out.

Thanks for the Amex info. I'm sure the Platinum ($300/yr.) card is great and sounds like lots of benefits. But, I rarely fly much with exception of cruise departure cities. I also am not willing to pay an annual fee to use a credit card.

Anyway, thanks for the info and it was great hearing from you.:D :D

LOL no one was more disappointed than me to not be going. :mad:

And i'll hope over to the thread never ending and say howdy.

The Amex Platinum card costs $400.00 a year. It is worth it. I have two cruises booked for 2006 and am getting the $300 shipboard credit on each of them.

I also believe the insurance to be medivaced is a wonderful bargain. My husband refuses to buy travel insurance - says the policies have too many holes in them. We also never pay for the extra insurance when we rent a car. We pay with the Amex card and that extra insurance is covered by them. You get baggage insurance (without a fee) when you buy your tickets with the Amex Platinum card.

You can also get a companion ticket free on business class when you fly internationally when you use the Amex Platinum card. We have used this several times, including flying to South America.

If you travel a lot, the $400 a year saves you much, much more.

Roberta

I happen to work for AMEX...Plat. charge cards are $300 per year. They have awesome bennies.

If you really work for AMEX, then you should know that AMEX Plat is $395. per year.

Just be aware it is not all AmEx Platinum cards....we have the Delta Platinum and it doesn't qualify. It has to be the regular card that has the $400 a year price tag....darn - would have been nice to have an extra $300 on board credit.....:confused:

Archived