Problem Using Carnival GIftcards

bob7judy

I just looked at my balance and realized something was wrong. I checked the total available on the last two $500 cards I had applied and they still showed $500 balance so I re-entered them and they subtracted the $1000 from my balance. Be sure that yours are showing up correctly.

I just looked at my balance and realized something was wrong. I checked the total available on the last two $500 cards I had applied and they still showed $500 balance so I re-entered them and they subtracted the $1000 from my balance. Be sure that yours are showing up correctly.

This same thing happened to me and when I re-entered them I realized I had not checked the complete transaction button. It showed that the gift cards were accepted so I thought that was that. Well, it wasn't:o.

So this sounds like a user issue where the way to correctly use the gift card is not clear, and not a problem with the gift card itself. Am I understanding correctly?

I started to use a gift card today to make a pre-cruise purchase online at Fun Shop, but then decided to use my credit card instead when I remembered reading here that if for some reason I need a refund, getting that refund is much more difficult with the gift card (waiting for a replacement gift card to come in the mail vs. much more quickly getting a refund to my credit card). So I used my credit card for my online Fun Shop purchase and will apply my gift card to my onboard account once on the ship.

So I like to know any tips with using gift cards. Thanks.

I didn't have any problem using gift cards for payments on my cruise, shore excursions, or Fun Shop purchases. You just have to make sure you click all the way through. If I remember right, there's a place where you put the info in and then you have to confirm a second time that you want the transaction to go through.

I bought cheers with gift cards. Not sure why this is so hard for some people.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Not sure why either. It's actually less steps than entering a credit card. Do the transaction all the way through. Done. Really not that big of a deal. Now that they take them at the fun shops, I've literally used gift cards for every type of Carnival purchase.