Social Internet Plan Question

Jenn1974

Other apps outside of social media apps aren't included in the $5 per day fee. The other package is $16 per day to access other internet sites although I have never tried to access southwest.com or the app under this plan. It might be cheaper to just buy the early bird for your flight back. we always do that so we don't have to worry about having internet on that last sea day.

With the social internet plan can I check in for my flight on South West? Just curious who has done this before or if I need to buy a different package.

Thanks

Jenn

Just buy the EarlyBird option for the return flight, then you are checked in automatically and get good seating priority numbers. Much better than struggling with Carnival's wifi trying to check in while out to sea.

it can get a little crazy but if you do it late at night you can check in on the Carnival computers and print your boarding passes However it is best to have early bird so you don't have to be there right at the 24 hour mark.

This is how I used it this Christmas on the Conquest:

You need to go to one of the computer's on the ship and log on. Type in southwest.com. Or delta.com or jims flights, etc. It will come up. It was painfully slow. I was able to check in. I got there and logged on prior to my check in window and waited for the time. I also checked in and printed boarding passes for someone who had a flight on Delta. Was not able to connect with my phone. These directions were given to me by guest services.

And you got lucky time wise, I have gone by the ship's computers and often seen them occupied. My experience is the same as others, connecting via ship's Wifi is sporadic, at best. And with Southwest, if you don't check in right at the 24 hour mark, you get lousy seat priority position. So by the time you get onboard, a family with children, might not get to sit together.

Well worth the mediocre cost of Early Bird for the return flight.