Montego Bay to Rose Hall Hilton

uznmyhead

We are 6 people planning to get day passes for the Hilton.

Can 6 people fit in 1 taxi or will we have to get two?

From what I read, taxi is per person...so If I am understanding correctly..At about $10 pp, a round trip ride for 6 of us will cost $120 or more for this 15-20 min drive? That seems insane to me. So do you think the taxis will negotiate a price or do they just get what they ask for?

I'm quite sure its not difficult getting a taxi leaving the port but how is it getting a return taxi from the Hilton?

If we go through rfad, it will cost $705 to go to the resort, if we buy direct, $510.

I appreciate hearing your experience. Thanks in advance!!

• 5 months later...

From what I read, taxi is per person...so If I am understanding correctly..At about $10 pp, a round trip ride for 6 of us will cost $120 or more for this 15-20 min drive? That seems insane to me. So do you think the taxis will negotiate a price or do they just get what they ask for?

I'm quite sure its not difficult getting a taxi leaving the port but how is it getting a return taxi from the Hilton?

If we go through rfad, it will cost $705 to go to the resort, if we buy direct, $510.

Can you let me know what did you end up doing with transportation? We are planning to go there this December and didn't like to be there that long because I have a 2 year old which probably need a nap after 3-4 hours playing in the water so we are planning to buy direct from the resort and take a taxi.

On the website Jaital.com, they have the option of taxi/private transfer to Rose Hall and other resorts.

Ultimately, the cost will be the same if you buy through RFAD (includes transport) or Rose Hall plus transport. I would go with RFAD for less headache figuring it out.

On the website Jaital.com, they have the option of taxi/private transfer to Rose Hall and other resorts.

Ultimately, the cost will be the same if you buy through RFAD (includes transport) or Rose Hall plus transport. I would go with RFAD for less headache figuring it out.

Thank you for respond. But I have 2 and 5 year old, RFAD is charging my 5 year old $74 but if we buy the day pass directly from the Hilton itself, he is free.

• 1 month later...

We had a stop in Montego Bay last August and I contacted the Rose Hall resort directly. They told me that a taxi would cost $30.00 total one way, there were 4 of us. I'm glad I had this information because they try and scare you in the cruise terminal that it isn't safe and that you go at your own risk. They were trying to tell me it would cost us $120.00 one way for the 4 of us to get there. I said I had two black belts with me I'll take my chances. When we exited the terminal there was a man in a white uniform who flagged down a taxi for us. He gave me a price, and when I told him that the resort told me a taxi would cost $30.00 for the 4 of us he said ok. So I gave him $40.00 when we got out. When it was time to leave I was sort of concerned about how we were getting back but there was a man waiting there for us apparently it was Leroy's cousin that he had sent to wait to bring us back. Same thing I gave him $40.00 for the return trip.

They really try to scare you at the terminal that it isn't safe but we had a lovely time and didn't feel unsafe at all.