Grand Cayman Beach Day

Going to Grand Cayman next week on Legend of the Seas - if looking for a relaxing day at the beach, do folks recommend an "organized" excursion to Seven Mile Beach or is it easy/reasonable to get transportation to the beach, get a chair, food & drink? Also, can you find snorkeling right there?

When you tender in just grab a cab, make sure you ask up front for the price and they will take you to the beach. You will probably go to one of the hotels where you will most likely pay for a chair to use ($5 per chair) but we did this and the cabs run all day so there will be one to bring you back you dont have to worry! I loved the beach, you will enjoy it for sure!

You really don't need an "organized" excursion at all, especially if you just want to go to the beach and relax. Most of them are bundled up with a turtle farm tour, shopping, etc. Just do as the other posters said and catch a cab. Lots of times you can catch the mini-van kind near the dock and pool in with others who are doing the same thing. If they fill the van, each will pay a nominal amount per person for the ride. We have not been out to 7 mile beach for a while, so are not sure which locations are best now. Some other posters will probably chime in with suggestions.

As you get of the tender there are many Taxis. tell one you want to go to the Marriott on 7 mile beach. Right next to the Marriott is a great beach bar. Chairs, umbrellas, food (great conch frittas) and water sport rentals. I think it was $10 for beach chair for the day and with that you get a bottled water or soda. Great day. enjoy.

Going to Grand Cayman next week on Legend of the Seas - if looking for a relaxing day at the beach, do folks recommend an "organized" excursion to Seven Mile Beach or is it easy/reasonable to get transportation to the beach, get a chair, food & drink? Also, can you find snorkeling right there?

Are you going on 11/19 or 11/26? I'm on the 11/19 cruise and we have a meet and mingle thread going on the roll call board. If you're on 11/19, please join us with a post and sign up for the meet and mingle.

You can grab a taxi at the pier and go to the public beach across the road from the old Holiday Inn. It's a beautiful beach!! The last time I was there, I had to pay $10.00 for a beach chair and a "drink" - which turned out to be a small bottled water. There's also a snack bar and facilities. I go there every time in in CG. Beautiful!!

I HIGHLY recommend making your way to Rum Point. We were there in early September and next to Secret Beach in Kauai, it was the most beautiful beach I've ever been to. The sand was like liquid silk. We used Nativeway and did the Rays, Reef, Rum Point excursion for $55 pp. However, you can take a taxi or rent a car. It is an amazing place to relax and be in awe of the water color.

Secret Beach is about 10,000 miles out of their way, but if you tip well :D

Nativeway was great. It was truly the highlight of our vacation and I'm sure you'll enjoy them as much as we did. Swimming with the Stingrays was awesome and a once in a lifetime experience (unless you go back). Rum Point has free lounge chairs and hammocks strung between palm trees for your use. You'll never want to leave.

A cab to 7 mile beach is $5/ per person each way. There are plently of cabs just off the tender. We went to the Grapevine (or something like that) beach. They charged for a chair and umbrella and you got a soda. The beach is nice, but the water is BEAUTIFUL!

As for food, there is an outdoor bar / restaurant on the beach. We actually made sandwiches from the ship, and brought them along with some fruit. Food is expensive on Grand Cayman.

Cabs are also very easy to get for the way back. They're are plenty lined up waiting to take you back. It's about a 10 minute ride with traffic.

Enjoy the day!

Go on your own....very easy. If you don't want to pay for the beach chair ask the taxi driver to take you to the "free" beach....beautiful beach, food, drinks, sunscreen etc...

Also have some homemade ice cream across from the pier and on a side street - jailhouse cafe.

From what I understand, traffic in the direction of Rum Point, and back, can be pretty heavy at all times of the day. I don't think trying to get there at 1:00 is a good idea. We went by boat on our tour so it was a straight shot across the water. Unless you plan on going there for the entire day, or as part of a tour, I'd not chance it.

Archived