Recommendations for Motorcoach/Shuttle from Ocala/Crystal River, FL to Port of Miami

clare71275

Hello, am in the process of booking on the new MSC Seaside in late October 2018, which sails out of Miami. Hubby will NOT, absolutely, positively NOT drive to the port; we live near Ocala. :rolleyes: Could anyone provide recommendations for a motorcoach, shuttle, or private car service from either Crystal River or Ocala to the Port of Miami? We could also consider a motorcoach leaving from The Villages if necessary.

According to our travel agent, there is free motorcoach transportation provided by MSC but only if you are sailing on the Divina, none for the Seaside. We'll go with either ship, but transportation is a big issue. Staying overnight at a hotel near the port and taking a shuttle from the hotel is NOT an option - because we would have to drive to the hotel anyway. :(

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

One option is to take Amtrak from either Tampa or Orlando to Miami, but you would 1) have to find a means to get to either station from Ocala, 2) arrive in Miami the day prior to your cruise, 3) stay at a hotel for 1 night, and 3) get transportation to Port Miami from the hotel.

Understood you said hubby does not want a hotel, but this is what you would have to do if you consider Amtrak. Once you arrive in Miami, transportation is easy as there are taxis, shuttles, and Uber.

You might still have to drive to Tampa to catch the buses. When I see them around in Tampa there isn't any mention of them connecting to Ocala.

I want to thank the posters for these numbers. I didn't relish the drive, finding we can take the big red bus form Tampa for $5.00 each; can't pay for gas with that.

You might still have to drive to Tampa to catch the buses. When I see them around in Tampa there isn't any mention of them connecting to Ocala.

The first 2 I listed definitely stop in Ocala:

Red Coach - the stop is at the Pilot Travel Center off I-75, exit 341 (Gas Station/Truckstop) that has the Dairy Queen and a Wendy's all in the same building.

CruiseConnection - the stop is at the Waffle house at 3871 SW College Rd, 1/2 mile west of I-75 exit 350.

I doubt you can park a car at either of these 2 stops, so you will probably need to take a taxi, or have someone drop you off at the stops.