Boarding in Miami

sarahfaith99

My husband and I will be going on our first cruise in exactly one week!

We will be on Carnival Vista going to the western Caribbean.

We are boarding with our drivers licenses and birth certificates, I am starting to get worried about not being able to board the ship due to not having the correct documents. Can anyone tell me your experience with this?

ALSO we are going to be in Miami for a couple days, is there anything special or unforgettable we should do or see while there?

Any other tips or info for first time cruisers would be appreciated! Especially things I should definitely not forget to bring.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

See you onboard as we are on the same sailing. Your birth certificate and DL will be fine. As for Miami I'm sorry but I don't know the city well.

We are on this sailing too. You will be fine with DL and BC. Make sure the BCs are 'official' ones (many states emboss them with a raised seal) and not the souvenir type from the hospitals with foot prints.

You could taxi or uber to the South Beach area for a day. Lots to do there. Just a few blocks from Lincoln Road Mall at SB is a Holocaust Memorial. We saw that a few years ago when my daughter was in high school and learned about the Holocaust. It is very well done and makes an impact.

My husband and I will be going on our first cruise in exactly one week!

We will be on Carnival Vista going to the western Caribbean.

We are boarding with our drivers licenses and birth certificates, I am starting to get worried about not being able to board the ship due to not having the correct documents. Can anyone tell me your experience with this?

Yours is a closed loop cruise that only requires a certified copy of your birth certificate and a Government Issued photo ID for U.S. citizens.