Just off Freedom of the Seas quick review

pjack61

My wife and I were on the 8 day sailing 2/18/17 thru 2/26/17. Here's our observations:The ship was in great condition. Stateroom 2598 was in great condition and our room attendant, (Sandi) was probably the best we have had in 9 cruises.I had the Deluxe beverage package and never had any up charge, stuck with topshelf spirits, never any issue. Tip your bar staff with every order. Your name gets into the system quickly and the other bar staff take care of you, I observed this alot. If you like margaritas, make sure you try a 'smoky-rita' phenomenal.Food quality for the past 6 months or so, on this forum, has been an issue on FOS. I can tell you that we experienced excellent menus, and above average food quality at the MDR and Windjammer for dinners and lunch...breakfast?... well, you know, they gotta make there money somewhere.All service, everywhere in the ship was suberb, best in 9 cruises. Cruise director Michel from Naples was the best in our 9 cruises...he is a professional entertainer in his own right. Entertainment was ok. Did the BOGO at Sabor and Giovannis:Sabor experience: stale chips, below average guacamole, dry carnitas, excellent appetizers and the best Red Snapper dish I have had anywhere( and we are foodies), desserts uninspiring. 2 of the best margaritas i have ever tasted ( avocado, yep...and the sweet and spicey) overall the Snapper dish was worth the cost of the whole meal.Giovannis experience: uninspiring seafood soup, good caprese, average ceasar salad, then...the waiter forgot to place our pasta order and delivered our entree. Tenderloin fantastic and the chicken breast blabbity blah was average. Desserts uninspiring. our pasta course was delivered to our room the following evening and the gnocci was so overcooked it had become a potatoe mash, inedible. The other cappelini dish was excellent. Again, the quality of the tenderloin entree was worth the cost of the meal.Overall great ship we would sail again.

Thanks for your quick review. I like your balanced and honest approach. Will will be on Freeddom in a few weeks and I really need a vacation so I'm hoping for good things. I'm thinking of the drink package for my son, I'm just not sure it is worth it. The age old debate, to get the drink package or not, lol. Glad you enjoyed the cruise and thanks again.