Free phone APP on Crown Princess

yags

We will be on the 3-25-17 sailing of the Crown Princess. I saw on You Tube that there is a FREE phone app for on ship texting. It mentioned you cannot download the app until you are on the ship. Can anyone verify this and have you used it? Thanks for the info from those in the Know.

We will be on the 3-25-17 sailing of the Crown Princess. I saw on You Tube that there is a FREE phone app for on ship texting. It mentioned you cannot download the app until you are on the ship. Can anyone verify this and have you used it? Thanks for the info from those in the Know.

It's not an app but you use your web browser (Safari on an iphone). You connect to the ship's intranet and set up an account and are able to "message" other passengers on the ship at no cost (note, you do not need to be connected to the "pay for" internet). You do have to jump through a couple of hoops to get people added to your "contacts" (people sharing a cabin are automatically added to your contacts once they set up accounts). The only downfall to this is the only way you know if you have a message is if you check. There are NO alerts with this system, meaning no notification of a message received.

When you get on the ship connect to the ship's wife and in your browser go to crown.princess.com

Once there you click on "create account" and you can get all set up to use the service.

Good luck!

I use Princess@Sea for the scheduling. Many (but oddly not all) of the entertainment listings from the Patter are there and you can select what you want and make your own list that has just those things as a quick reminder. The messaging is, as stated above, not all that snazzy. The main issue is not having any push notification that you have received a message. On the other hand I really don't want to hear a bunch of message notifications going off around me on the ship.

If you just agree that everybody will send a notice on the hour or every two hours or whatever letting the others know where they are or what they are going to do it would work well as you could just check for messages at the scheduled time.