Booking future cruise onboard question.

tinybiny

I may end up taking a 2 nighter out of my home port on timeshare points. It's a horrible use of points, but I will have leftovers this year and already have plans for next year. It looks like I'll be able to book a 2 night cruise for my husband and myself through the cruise exchange company that works with my timeshare.

Since they will be my 'travel agent' for this cruise and I won't want to book with them again in the future, does that mean I shouldn't buy a future cruise placeholder? I have a TA that I normally book with and booking through the timeshare cruise partner is kind of lame (no OBC, extra fees). I will only do it this time because I won't have to put any money out other than $24.99 booking fee. If I were to book a placeholder on this cruise, would that only be able to be used by the timeshare cruise partner?

I may end up taking a 2 nighter out of my home port on timeshare points. It's a horrible use of points, but I will have leftovers this year and already have plans for next year. It looks like I'll be able to book a 2 night cruise for my husband and myself through the cruise exchange company that works with my timeshare.

Since they will be my 'travel agent' for this cruise and I won't want to book with them again in the future, does that mean I shouldn't buy a future cruise placeholder? I have a TA that I normally book with and booking through the timeshare cruise partner is kind of lame (no OBC, extra fees). I will only do it this time because I won't have to put any money out other than $24.99 booking fee. If I were to book a placeholder on this cruise, would that only be able to be used by the timeshare cruise partner?

You can still purchase a future cruise deposit! Don't worry!

I checked the box and they still notified the Travel agent I had booked with on one cruise.

However you are under zero obligation to rebook with the TA you used. No penalty or anything. It's just a courtesy notification, if you want to provide it to your existing TA.

You can book your next cruise directly through princess or through another travel agent, even if the one you used was notified about your FCD.

If you are really worried about it, make sure you speak with the Future cruise consultant when booking your future cruise deposit and confirm both written (on form) and verbally with them that you do not want your TA notified.

Enjoy your 2 day. I've always considered booking one of those to check out a different category than we usually book to see if we would do a longer cruise in that cabin type. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't have to use any TA for your placeholder' date=' and you certainly do not have to use the same one as your current cruise. You can name any TA you wish, or none at all.[/quote']

Thank you and thanks to bluesub. I'll request my regular TA for the placeholder.

You can still purchase a future cruise deposit! Don't worry!

I checked the box and they still notified the Travel agent I had booked with on one cruise.

However you are under zero obligation to rebook with the TA you used. No penalty or anything. It's just a courtesy notification, if you want to provide it to your existing TA.

You can book your next cruise directly through princess or through another travel agent, even if the one you used was notified about your FCD.

If you are really worried about it, make sure you speak with the Future cruise consultant when booking your future cruise deposit and confirm both written (on form) and verbally with them that you do not want your TA notified.

Enjoy your 2 day. I've always considered booking one of those to check out a different category than we usually book to see if we would do a longer cruise in that cabin type. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds more specific to Princess.I will still make a point to actually speak to the cruise agent onboard rather than just throw the form into their box like I normally do.