First on Carnival

MikeandAmy

I forgot to add this.... The staff on Carnival is second to non in my opinion. They are the real reason why Carnival is referred to as the fun ship. I am sure there are people who have had bad experience with the staff but overall they are so upbeat compared to other cruise lines.

The steakhouse is also very good. We dined there on our first Sunshine cruise and enjoyed the quieter atmosphere and higher quality food very much. It is $35 per person.The other specialty option is Cucina del Capitano which is casual Italian. We have not dined there for dinner but have heard overall positive comments. During the day its used as a complimentary lunch venue where you pick your pasta, proteins and veggies and they create it for you. Very good and a nice alternative. These two along with Jiji's are the total specialty dining options. Like a lot of Carnival ships, Sunshine also has Blue Iguana (tacos and burritos, very good) and Guy's Burger Joint (really good!). Both are complimentary.

Motegi nailed it. While our line if choice is Celebrity for Caribbean we bounce around, agree NCL better for suites, very casual. When we booked our Magic cruise for December got call back asking alot about our opinions on suites and what we feel is missing. Was honest so I'll give you my opinion after cruise on CCL.

Motegi nailed it. While our line if choice is Celebrity for Caribbean we bounce around, agree NCL better for suites, very casual. When we booked our Magic cruise for December got call back asking alot about our opinions on suites and what we feel is missing. Was honest so I'll give you my opinion after cruise on CCL.

Look forward to it.

Did you enjoy Carnival overall? I am reading more on the suites and they are behind a bit when it comes to perks for suites. But thats ok, I understand that. Its like the airlines they all take time to catch up with one and another.

Or maybe Carnival doesn't need to offer "perks" to sell those cabins

We prefer Royal but have also sailed Carnival 3 times 2 of those within 6 months apart. Carnival is a "party" atmosphere. Very casual dress in dining room. Shows not as good as Royals but we enjoyed them. Room service for breakfast has only continental things verses Royals has Eggs and such. Earlier this month in dining room I've witnessed two times extremely loud tables that was cussing extreme obscenities VERY disturbing. I've never had that experience on Royal but again alcohol seemed to be the root cause.

The family atmosphere is much different on Carnival so I am assuming NCL is similar to Royal. Any day at sea is a good day so enjoy and go into it with not expecting the level of NCL and you will enjoy. Also pools close between 10 pm and midnight another thing I didn't like on Carnival.