Independence oceanview with 3 adults

DonJuan77

I am cruising on the independence and was wondering what the ocean view cabin 3318 looked like with the pullman bed. There will be three adults in this room, I was considering upgrading but didn't know what the exact layout or look was. I originally thought it was a sofa bed but more research indicated that it was the Pullman bed.

I guess my main concern is your thoughts on if it's big enough for three adults. We are going with people in the connecting room as well if that makes any difference.

We cruised with my son (14 years old 6'3) on a Freedom class in an Oceanview last year. We were only in the room to sleep and change and it was fine. I could not find of any pics of our actual room but I found some online. One of the pics have 1 pullman down, 1 has both. The 3rd shows s room with no pullman down. The 3rd pic is also a connecting cabin. Yours will have an armchair like that pic.

38024-1459950490_zpswwbwlgdm.png

40666_zps5jpbwpj9.png

Freedom-of-Seas-026-Room-Oceanview_zpsftal44do.jpg

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

We cruised with my son (14 years old 6'3) on a Freedom class in an Oceanview last year. We were only in the room to sleep and change and it was fine. I could not find of any pics of our actual room but I found some online. One of the pics have 1 pullman down, 1 has both. The 3rd shows s room with no pullman down. The 3rd pic is also a connecting cabin. Yours will have an armchair like that pic.

38024-1459950490_zpswwbwlgdm.png

40666_zps5jpbwpj9.png

Freedom-of-Seas-026-Room-Oceanview_zpsftal44do.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, that helped a lot. That's all we'd use it for basically I just wanted to make sure it was big enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just cruised on the Indy with the exact rooming situation you are talking about. 3 adults (family), connecting room (armchair instead of sofa), OV. It is a little tight if you're like us and have the suitcase opened on the floor instead of unpacking into the cupboard. If someone is sitting at the table, it's a squeeze to walk between the coffee table and the chair. Also, if all 3 are in the room, at least one will have to sit on the bed. We have the beds apart, so at least we can lean back to the wall, but if it's together, then you're either laying down or sitting with no back support.

However, we are used to cruising 3 to a room, and can't really justify paying single price on a separate cabin that we're only using to sleep. As long as you're comfortable with each other's bathroom and sleeping routine/habits, you'll be fine for a few days.

Oh, and this room will be much smaller then your average North American hotel room as well. :)

I will give you worst case scenario.... Someone in the cabin gets noro. Boom.....quarantine. I know, I know...what are the chances? Well, we had DH, DW, DD and DS, all adults, in an OV with 2 pullmans. When we were having lunch in Tampa after debarkation, DD had full blown noro onset. We missed all of us being quarantined by that much.

I fear someone would have died in that cabin. :)

And not from the noro "issues".

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app