Thimson Majesty Discount

Just seen this offer for cruises on Majesty up to April next year. I thought Majesty and Spirit were leaving the Thomson fleet at the end of this Summer? Probably a misprint and should read April 2017 but definitely confusing.

MAJESTY75 - *?75 off per booking: Offer valid on all Thomson Majesty sailings departing from 1st March 2017 - 30th April 2018. No minimum spend applies. Use or quote discount code MAJESTY75. Offer must be selected at time of booking, only applies to new cruise package bookings and is not combinable with any other offer and may be withdrawn without prior notice

Edited by campolady

Just seen this offer for cruises on Majesty up to April next year. I thought Majesty and Spirit were leaving the Thomson fleet at the end of this Summer? May be a misprint and should read April 2017 but definitely confusing.

MAJESTY75 - *?75 off per booking: Offer valid on all Thomson Majesty sailings departing from 1st March 2017 - 30th April 2018. No minimum spend applies. Use or quote discount code MAJESTY75. Offer must be selected at time of booking, only applies to new cruise package bookings and is not combinable with any other offer and may be withdrawn without prior notice

We are cruising from 12 - 26 November which will be Majesty's last two weeks with Thomson before the ship is returned to Louis.

Perhaps this advert was published before it was decided to terminate the lease.

I recall reading a post stating that Majesty would be doing similar ports of call next year to those done by Thomson but under the Louis banner.

The advert is stating "Majesty75" could Louis be renaming her plus giving the ?75 discount or is it a misprint with the date?

Sorry I should have been clearer - the ad has gone on the Thomson Cruise website today.

Hi campolady

Just had a look. Perhaps they are taking bookings up to the last sailing on 19 which ends in Malaga on 26 November.then transferring bookings after that date to one of the replacement ships, ?next Discovery? or is it one of the Mein Schiffs (yet to be named), which are taking over once Thomson changes its name to Tui.

Just an aside. Louis Lines no longer exists. It was rebranded Celestyal Cruises in 2014 and Spirit and Majesty are being returned in November 2017.

Hi campolady

Just had a look. Perhaps they are taking bookings up to the last sailing on 19 which ends in Malaga on 26 November.then transferring bookings after that date to one of the replacement ships, ?next Discovery? or is it one of the Mein Schiffs (yet to be named), which are taking over once Thomson changes its name to Tui.

Not at all possible, how could you book after its last sailing, ??? where and when ?????? magical mystery sailing????, the "up to 30th april 18 " is just the usual sort of cock up from thoms admin/IT department,the discount does work for all remaining sailings of Majesty though (checked by mock booking) so its not meant to read april 17

See they have now amended it to nov 17th 2017

Yes - so I see. However, I have just had this reply from Thomson who are obviously still confused as it says the last sailing is 24th October!!!

<<Hi Brenda, I am sorry for any confusion! The last sailing of the Majesty will be 24th October 2017 and this has since been rectified ^Millie>>

Edited by campolady

Yes - just had this reply from Thomson

<<Hi Brenda, I am sorry for any confusion! The last sailing of the Majesty will be 24th October 2017 and this has since been rectified ^Millie>>

However, the last sailing is actually showing as 19th November on the website!

Aarghh!! We are booked on the Majesty from the 12th for the final two weeks of her sailing, as are another couple we know. Unbeknown to us they booked away back when Thomson sent an emailto us in November with various titbits about final sailings, additional winter flights from Scotland, new ships, to name a few. We only booked a few weeks ago as DH felt our Fire and Ice cruise at the end of July was a long way until next year.

The following is an extract from their email:

"Thomson Sprit will have her final sailing on Wednesday 15th November 2017 from Cyprus.

The Majesty will have her final sailing is on Sunday 19th November 2017 from Malaga."

Why is it we always find out what is or isn't going on by doing our own delving and sharing information on CC?

Now in a quandary. Do I write to Thomson and get some garbage back or leave it until nearer the time for the balance to be paid. I actually paid the low deposit balance yesterday.

Once upon a time Thomson would reply to CC comments but no longer. Facebook seems to be their thing. I don't do facebook!

Aarghh!! We are booked on the Majesty from the 12th for the final two weeks of her sailing, as are another couple we know. Unbeknown to us they booked away back when Thomson sent an emailto us in November with various titbits about final sailings, additional winter flights from Scotland, new ships, to name a few. We only booked a few weeks ago as DH felt our Fire and Ice cruise at the end of July was a long way until next year.

"Thomson Sprit will have her final sailing on Wednesday 15th November 2017 from Cyprus.

The Majesty will have her final sailing is on Sunday 19th November 2017 from Malaga."

Why is it we always find out what is or isn't going on by doing our own delving and sharing information on CC?

Now in a quandary. Do I write to Thomson and get some garbage back or leave it until nearer the time for the balance to be paid. I actually paid the low deposit balance yesterday.

Once upon a time Thomson would reply to CC comments but no longer. Facebook seems to be their thing. I don't do facebook!

Your sailing is still showing as the final one for Majesty on the website. The message I got this evening just shows that the staff at the 'official' Thomson FB page don't seem to know what is going on and that sadly is nothing new.

Your sailing is still showing as the final one for Majesty on the website. The message I got this evening just shows that the staff at the 'official' Thomson FB page don't seem to know what is going on and that sadly is nothing new.

Hi Brenda

Fingers crossed they don't change the dates. Surely they wouldn't send out an email telling previous customers that there is to be a final sailing of both ships leaving Thomson fleet, put them up for sale and then give out incorrect dates. or would they???

Just a quick change of subject. I noticed you and Ian are going cruising this year. Ian has obviously improved since his op last year and you have managed to get insurance sorted.

I don't interact on here so much nowadays as, in some instances, the moderator would be banning me for some of the replies I would give, but I still watch regularly.

Hi Brenda

Fingers crossed they don't change the dates. Surely they wouldn't send out an email telling previous customers that there is to be a final sailing of both ships leaving Thomson fleet, put them up for sale and then give out incorrect dates. or would they???

Just a quick change of subject. I noticed you and Ian are going cruising this year. Ian has obviously improved since his op last year and you have managed to get insurance sorted.

I don't interact on here so much nowadays as, in some instances, the moderator would be banning me for some of the replies I would give, but I still watch regularly.

I am sure you will be fine - and I envy you going on Majesty which is still our favourite Thomson ship. How kind of you to remember Ians health problems. He still has Heart and Kidney failure but we finally got cover for him for any conditions not related to heart, kidneys or diabetes. At least the 2 week itinerary we have booked goes from our home port of Malaga..

I wish you a wonderful trip.

Edited by campolady

I am sure you will be fine - and I envy you going on Majesty which is still our favourite Thomson ship. How kind of you to remember Ians health problems. He still has Heart and Kidney failure but we finally got cover for him for any conditions not related to heart, kidneys or diabetes. At least the 2 week itinerary we have booked goes from our home port of Malaga..

I wish you a wonderful trip.

Hi Brenda

That's great you're able to get away. You never know, you may be able to save a few pennies/euros and join us in Malaga for Majesty's final cruise. You can always post if it happens. We were one of those who had their cruise changed from Destiny to Majesty and sailed on her a few weeks after she was commissioned. We were given an outside plus comparable with what we had booked on Destiny and have booked the same cabin for November. We have been on her four times and also like her very much. Off on Spirit in just over four weeks time so planning well underway. E tickets came last week.:D

See they have now amended it to nov 17th 2017

See the muppet show have now got it (sensibly) right and changed it to nov 19th

3rd time lucky LOL

as for the other matter of the last sailing date i would say DEFO 19th nov ,thats confirmed from high up crew and they are usually better informed/more reliable for info than the muppets

Wow !! Did you say additional winter flights from Scotland. That I would love to see. Over the last few years they have reduced the number of flights from Scotland and Newcastle especially for repo cruises and Caribbean cruises.

Thomson seem to think everyone who travels from northern airports wants to go to the Canary Islands year after year.

Wow !! Did you say additional winter flights from Scotland. That I would love to see. Over the last few years they have reduced the number of flights from Scotland and Newcastle especially for repo cruises and Caribbean cruises.

Thomson seem to think everyone who travels from northern airports wants to go to the Canary Islands year after year.

Hi nancyneptune

Here is a clip of what they said in their email in November:

"We are also pleased to announce that from next winter we will have 3 ships in the fleet based in the Caribbean all with DIRECT flights from GLASGOW on the Thomson Dreamliner.

Thomson Celebration– Dominican Republic

TUI Discover 1 – Barbados

TUI Discovery 2 – Jamaica

Thomson Dream will be based in the Canaries next winter

We also have 3 transatlantic cruises both out to the Caribbean and then returning to Europe in 2018."

Don't think we'll avail ourselves of the Glasgow/Caribbean flights. Pity it's taken them so long to see they have customers north of the border. We;ve done 5 transatlantic cruises in the past by travelling south and involved another two days/overnight stays on the holiday and feel we've been and seen and that's enough. Don't care how long the cruise itself is (the longer the better) but the extra days spoilt it. .

Hope the snippit from the email helps.

On 28 Feb I booked Majesty for a March cruise. When I saw the discount offer a few hours later, I rang Thomsons to ask if I could be considered for it and was told no, as I had booked too early. Oh well that's how the cookie crumbles.