updates on snorkeling at Cozumel?

astros fan

Hi all

I don't think anyone mentioned the Fury Catamarans yet? They do a "snorkel beach party" on 65ft catamarans. Their site is www.furycat.net

They have a special beach they go to which is in great condition after Wilma too.

I'm hoping ot go out on the tour next week if I get time - I'll be sure to post a review on my site when I do!

Ian

We returned Saturday from the Legend of the Seas. In Cozumel we went Blue Angel Dive Shop. They have a Diver/snorkel combo boat. I am not a diver but husband is. We were given our choice of which reefs to visit. We chose Santa Rosa and Tunich. Very good choice for the dive. A lot of sea life, reefs in very good condition. If you are diving there soon try these two out.

We had been to Cozumel before and were familiar with Paradise. It was not up to par for snorkels really if you have ever been and experienced it you will notice the difference.

What was very sad was there was only 2 divers and 1 snorkeling on the trip.

We were the only ship in port that day and the other diver was staying on the island. I am certain our fees did not cover the gas, boat, lunch and crews salaries for the day. These poor people are suffering terrible financially I am sure with the lack of tourist. The island really does not look ready to accept tourist. Our main interest was the water activities, so we were more than pleased. The island is brown nearly no green anywhere close to shore that we saw. All the resorts are in ruins bare bone striped, a lot appears to have suffered structural damage. It is a sad sight.

The shops have an ocean smell in them still, but what can you expect so soon after. All around you everyone is constantly working to clean up and repair what they can. We wanted to shop more after the dives but we were loaded down with scuba gear and snorkeling gear so we tendered back, knowing we were not going to return.

We Have A Snorkel Trip We Booked Several Months Ago.maria Del Mar Snorkeling Through Cozumel Cruise Excursions,(island Marketing). It's Suppose To End At 5:00. I'm Very Concerned About Getting Back To The Pier And Being Tendered Back In Time To Leave At 6:00. I Don,t Want To Run Onboard At Five Til 6:00.

At One Of Their Web Sites If We Cancel This Excursion In Less Than 2 Weeks, We Must Pay Full Price.at Another Web Site,(same Excursion,) We Have 24hrs. To Cancel.

Does Anyone Have Any Experience With This?

Tinsel57, We Are On The Same Cruise....11-27-05 Rhapsody.

No experience with tendering in Cozumel (I'll find out next month), but was on the Maria Del Mar last March and had a great time. I don't think you'll have to run back. Just make sure you know where you are supposed to catch the tender back to your specific ship.

How long is the 2 reef snorkel w/ Eagle Ray? I wonder if we will have time due to the tender situation. We'll be dropping in on 1/26 on the Grand Princess 10 am-7pm. Not sure if hubby can snorkel and still have time to go to play mini-golf. Thanks.

Trish:)

I don't see why not. Tell Chellie you want to do the 11am trip, you'll be done at three and off to mini golf! Plenty of time to get back to the ship. If you talk to her tell her Teri from Texas sent you! She's a wonderful lady and she and her family will take extra special care of you. :)

You're very welcome. If you go to their web site, under testimonials, you will find our underwater snorkel picture! I can't say it was one of our shining kodak moments but we just loved being there. The fish were incredible! My brother in law is so excited about this, it's the focal of his entire cruise trip! LOL! Find me after my return, I'm happy to share more info and photo's. But right now you are correct, as if the holidays weren't enough there's finishing up at work and getting ready for the cruise all at once. So I must fly! Happy Thanksgiving.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have more recent updates on snorkel trips on Cozumel?

We are scheduled to be there on 12/29/05.

We have gone to Dzul Ha in the past and spent the day diving off the beach there. I understand this area was hit hard. Such a shame we love this place.

I would appreciate more information from someone who has just returned and went snorkeling while on Cozumel.

Merry Christmas to all!

We were there the first week in Dec. I don't know where they took us but it was not the same sites as last year, which was fine. The snorkeling was fabulous! Saw my first in water sea turtle, have seen them on shore laying eggs but never swimming in the ocean. Two sting rays, parrot fish, incredible angel fish and a host of others I couldn't even tell you all the names of all the fish.

We also went out to the shelf which to me, was a bit scary. Very strong current and the drop off just falls to black. Sometimes you see large fish there but we weren't that lucky.

Went to a third site where some of us snorkled and the rest of us enjoyed the sun on the boat. Still loads of fish to be seen but a few tiny tiny jelly fish were around too. My suggestion would be to wear a wet board shirt if you've got one to protect your arms and torso.

But the experience was incredible, as usual. Don't worry, this part of Cozumel was as spectacular as last year.

Enjoy.

PS Just to clarify, this is not diving off the beach but a trip booked with Eagle Ray Divers where they took us out in the boat. VERY reasonable prices and a great guide. Luis is top notch and really looked after all of us. It is my second trip with them and I will book again. Wow'ed my sister and brother in law big time, who had never snorkeled in their lives.

Archived