New Carnival Rule? Can't bring shells you've collected from beach back onboard?????

RecoveryDude

Member of our group took one back from Grand Cayman. The leader of the private excursion grabbed it off the sea floor and removed the conch from it for us to eat.

We did something similar in Grand Turk and ate raw. They sold us some shells afterwards and brought them back to states without an issue. This was in 2014.

On of my friends took a whole mess of shells and artifacts from Princess Cay when he went exploring the wilderness area around the resort and got them back onto the ship and into the US with no problem. I hate to encourage people to be scofflaws but I don't think customs/ship security care about anything but booze these days. Our other friend accidentally brought cocaine on the Pride in Feb (left in the pocket of pants he packed but wore the night before) and they took his booze but didn't touch his powder. Kind of sad and scary if you ask me. And yes, I made him flush the stuff!

Thanks so much for this post. Although one of your links is no longer available. The others were very helpful indeed. I'm waiting to hear back From Turks & Caicos regarding conch taking conch shells from their islands, but in the meantime I was directed hear from someone in Law Enforcement for U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. Thank-you again :)

You are very welcome. Funny you mentioned that link no longer works, others in this same thread posted the same link too and not one of them will open...I just tried. :confused:

If you hear back from T&C, could you come back and post what they say? :)