What do you do when you first board the ship.

toescat

We try to get on the ship early....stop on our way to our cabin to a) get our liquor sticker and b) get our first drink....then continue to the cabin to drop off stuff, put valuables in safe and put on bathing suit under shorts/t-shirt, grab towel...head to lido deck for next drink, and lunch...burger or pizza and find a spot in the sun...to soak it up after a long...not so wonderful winter (usually cruising during spring break)...talk about dinner plans when everyone finally gets up to the pool area...swim and sun and have a few drinks until we have to grab our life preserver for muster...then after muster it is time for our unofficially awesome meet and greet on the highest deck with a bar....relax and talk with cc friends...old and new until we realize we better get ready for a late dinner....

Leaving April 7th...and as always...I cannot wait!!!!

And...love reading this thread as it gets me so excited to go....

Drop off backpacks, put valuables in safe, then head up for 2 slices of pepperoni pizza and a Seawitch IPA. Take picture of same to send to my friends back home. I'm mean.

One thing I miss on boarding the ship is the old security scanners they had that you put your cruise card in and heard the "Bong" sound. That sound is hard wired into my brain signifying NOW WE'RE CRUSIN'! :D

Drop off backpacks, put valuables in safe, then head up for 2 slices of pepperoni pizza and a Seawitch IPA. Take picture of same to send to my friends back home. I'm mean.

What a great idea! I have a feeling I will do a photo shoot to be mean as well.:cool:

One thing I miss on boarding the ship is the old security scanners they had that you put your cruise card in and heard the "Bong" sound. That sound is hard wired into my brain signifying NOW WE'RE CRUSIN'! :D

Haha your so right!! As much as I'd like to hear that sound when boarding. :) I hated to hear it when we were leaving to go home. :mad:

Tony

After we eat lunch in the main dining room or buffet, Whichever is open, we change and go swim and sit by the pool. Best time for no crowds in the pool. If bad weather, then the indoor pool. Maybe get a Margarita. I want to feel like I am on vacation right away. We have lots of time to tour the ship on the first sea day. :cool:

I feel like that the first time we flush the toilet in the stateroom. I will walk in and flush it. NOW we are on a cruise ship! I also LOVE the sound of the ship's horns when we leave port.