Suggested boarding time

eeudj

Looking for advice does not look like FTTF is yet available and I am not priority boarding class .. YET ;) I will be traveling out of Galvestion in June on the Breeze,, she leaves at 4.......what is a good check-in time? I will be traveling with family there will 20 of us if that makes a difference. TIA!!!

All of you will have to pick a check in time , prior to going to the port ,or Carnival will assign you a check in time ... Check in time is not the same as boarding time

Interesting. So I picked an 11:30 check in time. What will they do with us in the meantime after we've checked in? We don't just walk on the ship?

Interesting. So I picked an 11:30 check in time. What will they do with us in the meantime after we've checked in? We don't just walk on the ship?

Just a reminder, no one gets to select a boarding time - you are selecting a check-in time only.

To answer your question, you could, depending on how soon they begin general boarding. Often times, boarding begins by 11:30AM or noon (once the previous passengers are all off and the ship is cleared by US Authorities), so once all the priority groups board, it will be your turn If there is a delay, you would just wait in the terminal.

If you do have to wait before boarding the ship they have a large waiting area for you to sit in. It is very much like the waiting area at an Airport gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So is there a preferred check in time?

The answer to that is subjective. It is just a matter or preference. Some people choose early check in like around 11:00am in order to try and get on the ship early. This time however can be very crowded at most ports. Others chose late where there are less crowds so check in and boarding will be a breeze. I choose early because I want my vacation to start as early as possible.

IS this something new that they assign you a check in time? We haven't been on a cruise in a few years so I am just wondering.

Thank you,

Sandi

Yes this would be new since you last sailed. As part of your reservation you need to pick a check in time. Let's say you pick 12:30. That means you cannot enter the terminal until that time. If you show up at Noon they will make you stand outside the terminal until 12:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IS this something new that they assign you a check in time? We haven't been on a cruise in a few years so I am just wondering.

Thank you,

Sandi

bwellen is correct. Carnival however gives you an option to "buy" the privilege of entering the terminal and checking-in before your assigned check-in time, among others, through an FTTF.

Yes this would be new since you last sailed. As part of your reservation you need to pick a check in time. Let's say you pick 12:30. That means you cannot enter the terminal until that time. If you show up at Noon they will make you stand outside the terminal until 12:30.