Tux Rental on QE2??

eroller

Is it possible to rent a tux on QE2? On many cruise lines you can order a tux in advance (through the gift order department) and have it waiting in your cabin. Apparently this is not the case on QE2, although I heard a tux rental service is onboard? I don't recall that during my last voyage on her.

I have a tux, but for various reasons I might prefer not to carry it and have one waiting onboard.

If there is a tux service onboard, I would be a little apprehensive they don't let you reserve it in advance ... and also, would you happen to know prices?

Thanks!

Ernie

In 2003 Cunard provided tux rental on the QE2. Infact, I believe, that the QE2 was the first ship to offer tux rental onboard about 15 years ago.

Perhaps when your crossing documents come there will also be info on ordering a tux.

Ernie, on last December's crossing I had reason to inquire about tux rental. They have quite a large inventory and I have no doubt that they will be able to get you measured and fixed up in time for the first formal night. The suits are from Moss Brothers, an English chain who manufacture their own suits and sell them in their own retail stores. Their stores carry a huge inventory of everything formal, and there are 2 locations right on High Street in Southampton, as well as multiple locations in London. I'm a tough size and found a nice fairly priced coat at the location near Trafalgar Square in London.

After purchasing that jacket for GBP 100 I was curious what it would have cost for a rental on board. For a jacket alone, I remember the price as $150, and probably around $200-225 for the full suit with accessories. That probably included 2 shirts, and was for the entire crossing.

Hope this helps.

After purchasing that jacket for GBP 100 I was curious what it would have cost for a rental on board. For a jacket alone, I remember the price as $150, and probably around $200-225 for the full suit with accessories. That probably included 2 shirts, and was for the entire crossing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Howard. Very helpful. I'm in the market for a new tux ... so I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy one yet, or just rent one for now on QE2. I might just go ahead and buy a new one.

Thanks again for the info.

Ernie

Archived