Eastern/Southern Caribbean

Raxter54

DW and I are looking for a cruise next year. Done the Roatan/Belize/Cozumel route (twice) and Jamaica/Cayman/Cozumel route, and are looking for Eastern or Southern Carib this time. Looking at the Sunshine 8 day our of PC. Which would you prefer - Grand Turk, San Juan, St Kitts, St Maarten with 3 sea days, or Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk, with 4 sea days? Prices, dates pretty much equal, just needing some suggestions/opinions. Thanks!

Just got back from the 4-port option and LOVED it! Like you, I had done both of the other routes a couple of times, and San Juan and St. Kitts are officially my favorite cruise ports ever. :) Having 4 port days in a row was a little tiring, but it was worth it to see so many amazing sites, and 3 sea days were enough for me. I would love to try the other Sunshine route to visit Aruba and Curacao one day though!

.....or Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk, with 4 sea days? Prices, dates pretty much equal, just needing some suggestions/opinions. Thanks!

Four Sea days including two on the way back to PC would be my vote. We did this itinerary on the Breeze a few years ago.... Curacao was the best for us. Enjoy whichever way you go. :-)

Actually we have done both of these itineraries and enjoyed both. For us the Southern route with Aruba/Curacao/Grand Turk was more expensive over the Exotic Eastern route. Aruba & Curacao were 2 new ports for us and there are lots of excursions to do. Aruba has beautiful countryside to see as well as crystal clear water for snorkeling and swimming. We did a 4 x 4 jeep safari all day tour all over the island and beach area for couple hours. Curacao is a great do it yourself walking on your own type of port and also beautiful to see. Grand Turk, well everyone has been there and done that, lol. On the other itinerary St. Kitts was the only new port for us and it also has lots to see and do and we would love to go back to see the island of Nevis on another trip. Guess it depends on where you have been before and what activities you are interested in. But you will have a great time on either itinerary.