Juneau excursion recommendations

katfer

On NCL Sun in August. Our Juneau time allowed in port is much shorter than the other ports. What so you suggest that are ..must do's.. places to see, shopping and great fish restaurants? We are scheduled from 7 am till noon...actually the web site has a "7-?". I think we cruise Sawyer glacier that afternoon.[ We have booked whale watching in Icy Strait already. We booked the White pass tour in Skagway.] Thanks

On NCL Sun in August. Our Juneau time allowed in port is much shorter than the other ports. What so you suggest that are ..must do's.. places to see, shopping and great fish restaurants? We are scheduled from 7 am till noon...actually the web site has a "7-?". I think we cruise Sawyer glacier that afternoon.[ We have booked whale watching in Icy Strait already. We booked the White pass tour in Skagway.] Thanks

We did the mushers camp and sled dog discovery.

I included pictures of our dog sled excursion in my review from last summer.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2376089&page=15

We had a blast on this excursion.

We did the sun last year. The link is one page of a full review.

thanks so much..how long were you in Juneau? Was that a NCL excursion?

We were supposed to be in 7a - 1p but due to wench issues, we left Sitka late. Thus we got into Juneau at 12pm and we stayed till 9pm due to skipping Sawyer Glacier.

The tour was about 3 hr. Yes, it was a NCL tour. I think it can be booked independently.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In Juneau, walk into town and take the Mount Roberts Tramway the top pice the valley. Stunning views, son me beautiful trails around the top, plus a shop, museum, restaurant and bald eagle rescue center at the top. Then back down at the bottom head straight to Tracy's King Crab Shack next to the water. Fabulous seafood, freshly caught. You won't beat it. Then a few shops for souvenirs on your way back to ship. My pictures of the place and more details of my day are here http://wp.me/p6Ptmi-jF

Enjoy your trip!