Baltic Cruise late Aug 2017. Typical weather to expect

american gal

Honestly, there is simply no way to predict what the weather will be like. With rapidly changing weather (here in Mid Atlantic, .e.g., both hottest summer and warmest winter in history) and the same throughout Europe, past performance is not worth much. Someone who had made plans based on previous years here in Asheville, NC this year would have been woefully misprepared the entire year.

If you are worrying about what to pack, your best bet is to look at the mid-range forecasts (~10 days out) and pack accordingly.

Otherwise what you hear will be past conversation.

We did this cruise late August in 2015. Overall we had fantastic weather.

In Germany it was raining when we arrived (but still pretty warm) by lunchtime it was lovely and sunny.

St Petersburg was lovely and sunny and we were putting sun lotion on to protect our arms.

Helsinki and Stockholm were gorgeous - in fact the worst day we had was our last sea day heading back to Southampton.

I think overall it was in the mid to high twenties (centigrade) most days and there were plenty of people lying out by the pool on the earlier sea days.

The cruise before us though had more rain so it is pot luck.

My question is what was the weather there when you went in August. Sure, I know it isn't going to be the same every year but just wanted an idea of last year.

We went in August 2014, apart from some rain in Tallin the wether was fine ..... not too hot not too cold.

We will be going again this year and expect the same. Being British a bit of rain is nothing. I suppose it depends what you are used to, but 20-28 centigrade would be nice[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums