Cozumel. Xcaret park?

It is definitely worth the money! It is a lot of fun and there is a lot to do! There's swimming through caves, ATV course, zip lining, and a few other things that I can't remember. And I think lunch is included too. You will definitely get your moneys worth! I can't wait to go back

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we booked it I thought the same thing. Seemed like a lot. Now that we did it I think it was worth every penny. Lots to do. Great zip lines and good lunch buffet. Be prepared to climb many flights of stairs.

Also you need a full day to enjoy everything. There was a music show at night that was very good, you won't be able to stay for it if you have to rush back to the ship (I visited while staying in Cancun).

It's well worth the money. Yes, you won't be able to see/do everything in the time available on an excursion but you can still do a lot. Definitely go through a ship excursion since there is a significant amount of travel and transfers involved.

I went about a year ago. Definitely go through the ship excursion, because they ended up waiting on our special ferry back from the mainland and there's no way we could have gotten there and back on our own.

After a ferry and a bus ride, we entered the park with our guide, got changed, and proceeded to do the cave river float attraction in the park. The guide suggested we start with that, though didn't come with us, I think. After that we were free to roam around the park, eat lunch (not included), and then meet up. I don't remember the exact amount of time in the park, but it was long enough to not be too frustrating. We could have enjoyed spending at least 2 days there, however, because there was so much to do! It's almost overwhelmingly big when you only have 4 hours or so. The cave attraction itself was interesting, but not amazing. We picked the option where you're half in the cave and half out of the cave, which I would recommend over the route where you're in the cave the whole time (unless that particularly appeals to you).

Xcaret is wonderful, but I would not do it off a cruise. You would have to be off the boat, direct to ferry, rush through Playa to bus, 30 min bus ride, get through entrance, maybe 4 hours in park, get back to bus, back to Playa, strait to ferry, strait to ship. Do an all inclusive in Playa or Cancun and spend a long day at Xcaret, much cheaper and enjoyable.

We had a great time at Xcaret, we stayed at the hotel next door so had the chance to explore the whole park. The rivers are a must do and the main reason for going. The animals you could see at most zoos and the ruins are not the best we have ever seen. The evening spectacular was not our cup of tea so we left during the interval.

I'd be tempted to follow the advice of the other posters and take the transit times into account.

• 8 months later...