Parking in Boston flying from Logan return on Serenade of the Seas August September 2

VernaF7449

Hi I live in Western Massachusetts (100 miles from Boston) and I am looking at different parking options for myself and partner to get to Logan for our flight the early evening on August 22 (heading to Copengagen), then back home after we dock at Black Falcon the morning of September 10 (Sunday). Since we are not light packers I want to minimize moving luggage in and out of cars, taxis, shuttle busses, etc.

I normally park at Pre-flight at Logan. One option would to park there, and after the cruise get a taxi to the Preflight lot or Logan. Or one of us can stay at the pier with our luggage, and the other can get to Preflight for the car and swing back to the pier (September 10 is Sunday morning so hope traffic not horrible).

The other option would be to drop off bags at Logan the afternoon of Tuesday August 22, go to pier and park, then get cab or Silver line back to the airport for our flight. That way we can speed up heading home at the end.

My question is: Can we even access long term cruise parking by the pier if our cruise does not depart Boston or there are no other cruises that day?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi I live in Western Massachusetts (100 miles from Boston) and I am looking at different parking options for myself and partner to get to Logan for our flight the early evening on August 22 (heading to Copengagen), then back home after we dock at Black Falcon the morning of September 10 (Sunday). Since we are not light packers I want to minimize moving luggage in and out of cars, taxis, shuttle busses, etc.

I normally park at Pre-flight at Logan. One option would to park there, and after the cruise get a taxi to the Preflight lot or Logan. Or one of us can stay at the pier with our luggage, and the other can get to Preflight for the car and swing back to the pier (September 10 is Sunday morning so hope traffic not horrible).

The other option would be to drop off bags at Logan the afternoon of Tuesday August 22, go to pier and park, then get cab or Silver line back to the airport for our flight. That way we can speed up heading home at the end.

My question is: Can we even access long term cruise parking by the pier if our cruise does not depart Boston or there are no other cruises that day?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You're going to have to call to see if you can park. https://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/cruiseport-boston/parking-passenger-drop-off/ It does say $20/day for ticketed passengers if you are allowed to park.

How much would it cost you to park at Logan? I'm guessing you can find a better deal than $20/day so that you save enough money just to take a cab back to your car at Logan.

You're going to have to call to see if you can park. https://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/cruiseport-boston/parking-passenger-drop-off/ It does say $20/day for ticketed passengers if you are allowed to park.

How much would it cost you to park at Logan? I'm guessing you can find a better deal than $20/day so that you save enough money just to take a cab back to your car at Logan.

Thanks that is what I thought. I can park at Logan off site lot for less than $20/day. I may also do car rentals each way that may be cheaper than parking for almost 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums