Do any hotels offer a Day Pass in Fort Lauderdale?

LipstickLeslie

We're cruising in a few weeks and have to kill time before we fly home at 7pm. My husband doesn't want to do an excursion because he things we'll (family of 5) be done running around and want to just veg out at a resort. I tried finding a hotel room and no one will offer early check-in. I called Margaretville (because that's one of the excursions offered by RCC but they said no). Any other ideas?

So after spending days trying to figure this out I just found the perfect fit for our family: http://www.hotelftlauderdale.net/dayroom.html Free shuttle from cruise port to hotel and free shuttle to airport. We have a room from 9am-6pm with 2 beds, free internet and an outdoor pool for only $59 total. Plus shuttles to the local malls. Perfect for my husband who wants to start getting caught up on work and the kids who want to play in the pool.

• Thanks 1

We're cruising in a few weeks and have to kill time before we fly home at 7pm. My husband doesn't want to do an excursion because he things we'll (family of 5) be done running around and want to just veg out at a resort. I tried finding a hotel room and no one will offer early check-in. I called Margaretville (because that's one of the excursions offered by RCC but they said no). Any other ideas?

All hotels do. You simply check-in and leave when you want. There's no law that says you actually have to spend the night in a hotel room.

So after spending days trying to figure this out I just found the perfect fit for our family: http://www.hotelftlauderdale.net/dayroom.html Free shuttle from cruise port to hotel and free shuttle to airport. We have a room from 9am-6pm with 2 beds, free internet and an outdoor pool for only $59 total. Plus shuttles to the local malls. Perfect for my husband who wants to start getting caught up on work and the kids who want to play in the pool.

Just as long as you understand the Rodeway Inn is not Margaritaville.

Oh,and hide one of your three kids at check-in because it $59.99 for four people and $10 extra per person after four.

Just as long as you understand the Rodeway Inn is not Margaritaville.

Oh,and hide one of your three kids at check-in because it $59.99 for four people and $10 extra per person after four.

I had to laugh because one of the things they mentioned this was good for on the website was 'Conducting Legitimate Business'! You know they've had trouble keeping prostitutes out of there.

I had to laugh because one of the things they mentioned this was good for on the website was 'Conducting Legitimate Business'! You know they've had trouble keeping prostitutes out of there.

LOL! I thought of that! I found one hotel that was marketing toward gay men but I didn't pick up on that at first... wondered why the pictures of men were so hot, then I realized what it was for. I definitely don't want to take my family to that environment!

All hotels do. You simply check-in and leave when you want. There's no law that says you actually have to spend the night in a hotel room.

Most hotels do not let you check-in till afternoon. A day hotel guarantees morning check-in.

Check out the Riverside Hotel, (depending on availability) they have day rooms, stayed there this past November before our cruise and then stayed there for a half day after the cruise because we had an 8 O'clock flight for a reasonable price.

Most hotels do not let you check-in till afternoon. A day hotel guarantees morning check-in.

Hotels will always let you check-in early as long as they have a room ready and most usually do. They just can't guarantee you an early check-in. If a hotel has empty rooms, especially this time of year, there are reasons why those rooms are sitting empty.