Nail Salons on board Sea Princess

ReginaPrima

I am sailing on Sea Princess on the world trip in May and can't get any useful information from Princess Cruises as to whether they have nail salons on board which can handle acrylic nails and also shellac nail polish. Is there anyone out there who knows the answer??:confused:

Take some acetone polish remover, foil squares (big enough to wrap around a thumb, cotton wool or squares (halved) and remove the Shellac yourself. Break the seal on the polish by rubbing across the nail with a coarse emery board. Soak a pad of cotton in remover, place on nail, wrap nail in foil, wait 10-15 minutes. The Shellac or OPI Gelcoat should come off cleanly. Any small pieces left can be "encouraged" with a wooden manicure stick, or put the pad/foil back on for a bit longer.

Yes they do gel. But if you have gel on and it has to be removed, it costs an addition $25. I was shocked. I didn't get a manicure on my last cruis. After three weeks, my nails were pretty ragged.

OPI Gelcoat lasts at least three weeks on my nails even though they grow fast. It is important that a decent base and topcoat is used and my beautician always cures them a bit longer than usual if I'm getting them done for a cruise. I've gone up to four weeks without a manicure and they still look reasonably OK. I've found I can actually file my nails with the gel on. if they get too long and start annoying me, but they are more likely to chip after that.