Freedom Top Tier Ice Show / Event

Can anyone tell me if there has been a Top Tier Ice Show on Freedom recently? I know that sometimes it's done and sometimes it isn't.

We recently did a B2B on Navigator - the TT Ice Show was performed on the first sailing, but the second sailing had only the regular Top Tier Event. I absolutely prefer the Ice Shows and don't usually attend the events.

I'm wondering if it depends on the number of C&A members onboard, I know that there were over 700 top tier on the first week of our recent Navigator cruise from Miami, and fewer the second week. Perhaps they feel that the extra effort of using the ice in Studio B is only worth it with a very high number of C&A members onboard.

We will be on Freedom in a few weeks and are hoping for an Ice Show, although there will be far fewer top tier members on this Mediterranean sailing from Barcelona compared with Miami.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Was on Freedom back to back in Dec, and last week and 2 other voyages and have never heard of a top tier ice show.We had the top tier Pinnacle & Diamond + galley, bridge and studio B backstage . The so called top tier event for all except gold was held as usual.

Was on Freedom back to back in Dec, and last week and 2 other voyages and have never heard of a top tier ice show.We had the top tier Pinnacle & Diamond + galley, bridge and studio B backstage . The so called top tier event for all except gold was held as usual.

Wow, all those cruises and not one top tier ice show? You have been very unlucky my friend. Perhaps it's only done on certain ships. The Ice Cast will put together their own show and do a special performance, the usual glass blocks are handed out and highest cruisers announced, and of course plenty of complimentary "Champagne".

I know for sure that they are performed on quite a few ships with ice rinks.

It seems I've been very lucky!

I'm not holding out much hope for Freedom now though unfortunately.

Sorry but what is a top tier ice show?

Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond+ and Pinnacle members of the Crown & Anchor Society will receive an invitation in their stateroom to a "Top Tier Event" at some point during the cruise. These events can take the form of a gathering in a lounge, a special (different) Aqua Show on Oasis class ships, a "Champagne Sailaway" on the bow of the ship (also Oasis class), a special, and different Ice Skating show put together by the Ice Cast themselves or a show by the RCI singers and dancers, possibly others.

The events will also usually feature a speech from the Captain or Loyalty Ambassador (who slipped on the ice while presenting an award on Navigator!), thanking you for your loyalty, a presentation to any guests who are turning Pinnacle on that specific cruise, recognition of the cruisers with the highest number of points on that sailing, handing out of crystal blocks to commemorate specific levels of cruise points, complimentary Champagne or non alcoholic drinks.

Definitely worth a visit if it's one of the more interesting shows, but as mentioned above, it seems that this is not done on Freedom. I have known it to happen for sure on Navigator, Explorer, and I believe Oasis/Allure.

It must be a ship's own decision activity.

Edited by Board_Shorts