RCCL Anthem of the Seas May 6th - Bermuda LGBT

Jetsetter354

My wife and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary on May 7th and looking forward to Bermuda.

We have cruised together before on Celebrity and really enjoyed ourselves. We are hoping to have as much fun if not more than our last cruise. We did attend FOD events on the Celebrity Summit. We only met one other couple but still had a great time. I heard RCCL doesn't really have events, especially on a short cruise. It doesn't matter to us either way but I thought I would reach out.

Anyone else going to be on the same trip?

• 1 month later...

I'll be on that sailing. My name's Doug. I haven't been on the Anthem before so am not familiar with what might be a good location, but on a couple other recent RCL sailings, there's either something in the Cruise Compass each day or on the community bulletin board. I believe on the Anthem, the bulletin board is in the Library, deck 6 (enter from deck 5). Sometimes the LGBT gatherings get into the daily planner, sometimes they don't. Looking at one cruise compass from January 2017 on Anthem, they mention the bulletin board in the library having LGBT gathering info and in the schedule they show "9:30pm - LGBT community mixer, music hall (upper level) deck 4."

Best thing to do is try to get to whatever they have on the first day to try to meet up with at least some people so you'll have someone to recognize later on in places. :)

On my cruise in January on Grandeur I got lucky and was seated at dinner with two women from West Virginia, and we ended up hanging out much of the 11 night cruise and have stayed in touch afterwards.