Birth Certificate/Age confirmation question

sabres431

We will be sailing on the Breakaway at the end of April. At the time of sailing my daughter will be 9 months old. I received this email from NCL:

We're excited you will be cruising with us and it will be so much fun to travel with your baby (we're very sure your little one will enjoy Freestyle Cruising® as much as you). But, before you pack the diapers, we need to make sure your baby is old enough to travel.Infants sailing onboard a Norwegian Cruise Line vessel must be at least six months of age at the time of sailing. However, for voyages that have three or more consecutive days at sea, the infant must be at least 12 months old at time of sailing.If your infant does not meet the minimum age requirements, you will not be permitted to sail. Please be sure to bring along their birth certificate, so we can confirm the age of your child. This policy is based on the consensus of the medical committee of Cruise Line International Association (C.L.I.A.).Thank you,Norwegian Cruise Line®We have a passport for her.

Do I still need to bring the birth certificate. One of the reasons for getting the passport was to not have to travel with her original birth certificate, among other reasons. I plan on bringing a copy of the birth certificate. Has anyone done this? I would think the passport would be sufficient since you have to mail in the original birth certificate to obtain a passport. Any help is greatly appreciated