Vista - Spa Weekly Pass Question

js

Hi.

I am in a Havana Cabana suite in February on the Vista.

I would also like to purchase two spa passes for the week.

I called CCL and they weren't able to give me a definitive answer on if I can purchase

prior to boarding. The girl I spoke to didn't have a clue :(

So, given above, I knew to just come here and ask if I can purchase two weekly spa passes

prior to boarding? If I have to purchase once on the ship, does it help if I am in a suite and

ask the concierge (is there one?) or do I just go to the spa as soon as I board and hope for the best?

Thank you all so much!

IMO, based on DW's actions in the past, just head for the spa on boarding or once it is open for tours. They'll be more than happy to take your $$$ set you up for appointments, etc. whether you are in a suite or an inside cabin on deck 1.

Oh, no concierge.

Thank you.

Is it possible to book online? From other threads, it looks like we can, is that correct?

Have you booked online or via phone?

I would like to do prior to boarding.

Thanks.

May I suggest to those wishing to purchase a spa pass in advance for their cruises on the Vista, to either do a thorough search of Vista spa reviews and gallery photos or wait until you are on board and take a tour of the spa.

Unlike the larger spa on the Dream, Magic, and Breeze, Vista's spa is very small. No Thallasso pool, only 6 or 7 heated loungers in the same space as a small hot tub and 3 not so steamy steam rooms. Locker facilities are also smaller and are shared with those using the gym. You can get all the standard spa treatments offered, but unless there's a special offering for a treatment included in your spa pass, all spa treatments are extra.

Hi.

I am in a Havana Cabana suite in February on the Vista.

I would also like to purchase two spa passes for the week.

I called CCL and they weren't able to give me a definitive answer on if I can purchase

prior to boarding. The girl I spoke to didn't have a clue :(

So, given above, I knew to just come here and ask if I can purchase two weekly spa passes

prior to boarding? If I have to purchase once on the ship, does it help if I am in a suite and

ask the concierge (is there one?) or do I just go to the spa as soon as I board and hope for the best?

Thank you all so much!

Not Vista specifically, however if I go to the carnival website, log in, and manage my account I can go in right now and buy the weekly spa pass(es) - it's on the bottom left - it also shows under book spa treatments - last page -

We are also in a Havana Suite, in June. I just booked a couple's spa pass online under the spa category. Prepaid and ready to go. You also get a small discount if you prepurchase.

Thank you.

I cannot find it!

I have been looking ALL day! Is it too early for me for a February sailing?

GGGRRRRR

Not Vista specifically, however if I go to the carnival website, log in, and manage my account I can go in right now and buy the weekly spa pass(es) - it's on the bottom left - it also shows under book spa treatments - last page -

Thank you.

I tried exactly what you said and I do not see it!?!

I went to last spa page too (Page 8) and only see massages.

Am I too early?

May I suggest to those wishing to purchase a spa pass in advance for their cruises on the Vista, to either do a thorough search of Vista spa reviews and gallery photos or wait until you are on board and take a tour of the spa.

Unlike the larger spa on the Dream, Magic, and Breeze, Vista's spa is very small. No Thallasso pool, only 6 or 7 heated loungers in the same space as a small hot tub and 3 not so steamy steam rooms. Locker facilities are also smaller and are shared with those using the gym. You can get all the standard spa treatments offered, but unless there's a special offering for a treatment included in your spa pass, all spa treatments are extra.

Are you sure? Online it looks like they have the pool.

I was in a spa balcony on Vista in January. I booked it because I love the spa on the Magic and Breeze. I can confirm everything Crewsweeper said about the spa on the Vista. It was such a disappointment! Will be in a Havana Cabana on Vista in July and will not be purchasing a spa pass.

Just to help others out with that recommendation of looking at pictures, there's a pretty good YouTube video that gives a tour of it all. However to keep it factual, there are 9 loungers, not 6 or 7.

Here's that video:

Just to help others out with that recommendation of looking at pictures, there's a pretty good YouTube video that gives a tour of it all. However to keep it factual, there are 9 loungers, not 6 or 7.

Here's that video:

Thanks for the video. 6 or 9 still try to find one between 4 and 6 in the afternoon. On the Breeze, which I believe has the largest spa area, never a problem to find a heated lounger somewhere. Don't recall issues of space on the Dream either.

Thanks for this info. We had a spa cabin on the Breeze and I was considering maybe a day pass on the Vista bc I was in the thesso pool everyday on the Breeze. This time we have a kid so a spa cabin wouldn't make sense. Thank goodness I saw this post! I wouldn't even have checked and would have assumed that the spa would be the same. Guess I'll settle for a nice massage instead!

Does anyone know if it is too early for me to book a pass with a February 2018 sailing?

I am trying to book and it does not show up.

I called CCL tech people and they have to look further they cannot see it either???

I just want to purchase and be done with this.

Thank you so much!

Does anyone know if it is too early for me to book a pass with a February 2018 sailing?

I am trying to book and it does not show up.

I called CCL tech people and they have to look further they cannot see it either???

I just want to purchase and be done with this.

Thank you so much!

When I had the same problem it was because my cruise was not fully paid for. I was able to book my spa pass a year ahead for a cruise that I HAD fully paid for (special deal with $200 obc when paid in full).

I can confirm what others are saying about the VISTA spa; they are calling it a "Thalassotherapy" pool but it is nowhere near as well designed as the on Dream class ships. When I looked up the definition of the word it appears that a bathtub with seawater in it could technically be termed "thalassotherapy" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: but in my opinion calling the Vista Jacuzzi a thalassotherapy pool is still a stretch!. There are 4 different steam rooms of varying heat, but only one of them has tiled seating (aside from the heated loungers that are in the same room as the pool. I booked a spa cabin sight unseen more than a year out, never imagining that they would not copy the popular Dream class T-pools, I was very disappointed! The Breeze remains my favorite ship.....not that I've been on all of them......yet :cool:

When I had the same problem it was because my cruise was not fully paid for. I was able to book my spa pass a year ahead for a cruise that I HAD fully paid for (special deal with $200 obc when paid in full).

I can confirm what others are saying about the VISTA spa; they are calling it a "Thalassotherapy" pool but it is nowhere near as well designed as the on Dream class ships. When I looked up the definition of the word it appears that a bathtub with seawater in it could technically be termed "thalassotherapy" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: but in my opinion calling the Vista Jacuzzi a thalassotherapy pool is still a stretch!. There are 4 different steam rooms of varying heat, but only one of them has tiled seating (aside from the heated loungers that are in the same room as the pool. I booked a spa cabin sight unseen more than a year out, never imagining that they would not copy the popular Dream class T-pools, I was very disappointed! The Breeze remains my favorite ship.....not that I've been on all of them......yet :cool:

Thank you SO much! Perhaps this is the reason I cannot book the spa pass. I loved the Breeze spa (had a spa cabin) and read and saw pictures of the Vista and cannot understand why the heck they would put the pool in the heated tile area? I can tell you I just got off NCL Getaway on Sunday, where we had a spa haven cabin and we commented on how LOUD it always was in the spa. Their jaccuzis and pool are in the same area and when the jets are on, it sounds like a plane is landing in there and it was constant! What a shame. I haven't seen any specials about paying in full for OBC and I booked back in February 2016? Does this special happen often and I miss it LOL I would pay now to book the spa (still will do it) and get OBC. Thank you for being so helpful.

Positive. Unless the Vista went into drydock since mid January and tore out a bunch of stuff and put one in. Whirlpool/ hot tub, just like on deck.

Thanks for letting me know! I was planning on buying the week pass! Not anymore!:(

Thank you SO much! Perhaps this is the reason I cannot book the spa pass. I loved the Breeze spa (had a spa cabin) and read and saw pictures of the Vista and cannot understand why the heck they would put the pool in the heated tile area? I can tell you I just got off NCL Getaway on Sunday, where we had a spa haven cabin and we commented on how LOUD it always was in the spa. Their jaccuzis and pool are in the same area and when the jets are on, it sounds like a plane is landing in there and it was constant! What a shame. I haven't seen any specials about paying in full for OBC and I booked back in February 2016? Does this special happen often and I miss it LOL I would pay now to book the spa (still will do it) and get OBC. Thank you for being so helpful.

I had never seen a deal like that before, that's for sure! I only use a TA when I book with a group, and she let us know about the deal. I just looked up my email and I paid the balance on an already booked cruise 7/12/16 to get it. There had to still be cabins available in the category you're booked in to get the deal if you had already booked. So I had a 4J booked on the earlier cruise (with the TA) but it didn't qualify because they were sold out, and my 10/29/17 cruise was far enough out they were still available. I just scan these boards and there are posts about special deals all the time, but sometimes there are really small windows of opportunity!

I know what you mean, I was really disappointed in the Vista thermal suite.......people on the heated loungers usually aren't chatting, but in the pool they often chat and it can get noisy, so having the areas separate is a plus! My first Thalassotherapy pool experience was on a Celebrity ship, but it was open to everyone with no additional charge. "When" I win the lottery I'm gonna have my own :D:cool: