On-Board credit Question

luckycajun

If you have an on-board credit on your account for a cruise, and at the end of your cruise there is a negative balance, does this get credited to your credit card. I'm not that cheap, but I will have $300 credit for a 3 day cruise that spends almost 2 days at port, so I may not use it all.

I've read on these boards that people will get a refund of the balance in check form at the end of the cruise -- however on my recent Conquest Sail and Sign statement that I got on the last day it clearly states Non-Refundable Onboard Credit of $100 -- which we received for the port change from New Orleans to Galveston -- so I'm a little confused on this issue

It all depends on who gave you the credit. If it was deposited into your account by you, or your TA or a friend, then you get that back at the end of the cruise. If it was an incentive given by Carnival, that is usually not-refundable.

This is what I was told, also, by Carnival. I was inquiring about the same type of credit receved by Cordova and was told it was a "use it or lose it" deal.

When our cruise out of NO (Katrina) got cancelled we received On board credit of $100 each if we rebooked by a certain time. We did and that credit was non-refundable ( we learned on the ship). We were delayed by Wilma and received another $50 credit (it showed refundable). Since we knew the $100 wasn't we did end up putting some Bingo on the S & S card when we would normally have paid cash. We didn't use all our credit and received a check for $50+ dollars on the morning of our departure.

Archived