beaches for the day

insag

need a good beach with rental chairs and maybe a umbrella or shaded area, would like a place with good place to snorkle and just relax should I go to Folkestone then to someplace else or can you tell me of a place I can just stay for the day. I've ben looking at Accra Beach also known as Rockley Beach and Paynes Beach, any and all help would be great leaving Sat on the Connie and just chilling on the beaches this trip.

Hi Everyone :)

I have to say that my beach of choice is Accra and will probably be Accra for a very long time. Well I guess for as long as the beach remains as beautiful as it is and the sea keeps its vibrant blues aquas and turquoise.

Even as a Barbadian I have received hassles on the beach. I think people should get fined who do it.

I have found that at Accra beach on the above end just in front of Sugar Reef Restaurant. It is not only a perfect spot offering you a fantastic view of the beach and ocean but you have two extra points that make this spot perfect actually 4

1 The hustlers or bums stay down on the other end of the beach. I have NEVER been hassled in front of the restaurant

2 The restaurant itself has a beach bar I personally like drinks with little umbrellas so it is perfect for me LOL they also have showers that you can wash off the sea water and sand. The food is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plentifully and the price is very good. Put it this way I spend about BDS$18.00 for a a chicken sandwich fries and a drink at Cheffet our local fast food place at Sugar Reef I pay BDS$18.00 for a GREAT GREAT Best ever chicken sandwich fries and salad so like US$9.00. when you consider Sugar Reef is a Restaurant so it is Table Service and better quality it is really fairly awesome. http://www.sugarreefbistro.com/

3 The sea right in front of Sugar Reef usually has a calmer area than further down the beach. The whole beach is great and it is not relay rough but there are waves at times and right in front the restaurant there are usually smaller

4 There is a great reef a short swim out just in front of the Restaurant where you can do a bit of snorkeling. You can also rent chairs and umbrellas. Chairs are BDS$5.00 umbreallas are between BDS$5-10.00

Who knows I might see some of you there LOL as I said it is my favorite beach so I try to sneak a way for a quick tanning session when I can

center7.jpg

center.gif

center3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Destiny January 1, 2005. Can we take a bus or taxi from where the ship docks to Accra Beach? How much? How far? Is this a good spot for a family (4 kids ages 5-14)? We are hoping for a peaceful day at the beach. Restrooms? Thanks for the help.

Archived