Just back from my first Princess Cruise - here's my review for Golden Princess

FunforGin

did you get back to Melbourne yesterday saw the Golden in port she still looks awesome as from when i was on her,

spoiled i am don't want to cruise on any other in a way want to get back on her but would not mind trying the Emerald as she looks huge too

Edited by Hawka

No got back 8 days ago. We debarked in Auckland but she continued around NZ then returned to Melbourne. I'm spoilt for any other ship now too. Seems a lot of people who have cruised on her love her:)

cool yes very very hard to look at another ship she was my first cruise and i am trying to save like mad to do another

Yay! Go for it!

Am looking forward to next cruise in Jan 2018 on Golden again! ☆☆

Heck I like Princess Cruises so much I named my six chickens after their ships!

Goldie

Ruby

Saphie

Emme

Coral and Dawn LOL!! :)

Yay! Go for it!

Am looking forward to next cruise in Jan 2018 on Golden again! ☆☆

Heck I like Princess Cruises so much I named my six chickens after their ships!

Goldie

Ruby

Saphie

Emme

Coral and Dawn LOL!! :)

LOL Awesome as and yes will do , going solo is dear though but worth it i was on deck 10 first cabin at the front of the ship and i loved it and would get that cabin again next time if i could

Hi FunforGin,

We were on your cruise too - embarked in Melbourne but continued on after you disembarked in Auckland. We disembarked the Golden yesterday morning in Melbourne. LOL the "cool" temps and rain followed us to Tauranga, Gisborne (tender port cancelled due to bad weather), Wellington, Akaroa, Dunedin and then Fiordland for scenic cruising. But the miracle of the cruise was the scenic cruising through the Fiords ... sunshine and not a cloud in the sky, warm temps and absolutely spectacular scenery. LOL you could see the mood of all passengers and crew lift. Smiles and even grins of delight were very evident.

Nowhere near as rumpy bumpy back to home across the Tasman and thru' Bass Strait.

It was an "interesting" cruise LOL. Probably the worst seas I've ever experienced but think I handled it well. A few bruises from bumps and knocks but no seasickness and most importantly, no falls or broken bones. Kudos to the crew who were under the weather with the motion of the ocean. The show must go on, right?

Happy sails

Sue

Hey Sue,

Welcome home!

I'm so sorry to hear the weather was wet and cool but at least NZ turned it on for you in Fiordland - the most important part of the cruise for you IMHO:)

Yes, I think the crew were amazing considering they have to work, we just had to survive and show up at meal times!

Totally sucked we didn't get to use the awesome balcony on this cruise, but I'm hopeful for next cruise, will be lower down on Dolphin, aft suite...already looking forward to it, and planning on what to do in Adelaide when we debark....going to stay there for four nights before flying back to Kiwiland:)

Yes, the balcony. We usually book a balcony on Deck 12 and have thoroughly enjoyed it. But for this cruise I suggested to DH that because the Tasman is renowned for rough seas and it was very possible we would not be able to use it, perhaps an OV cabin would be more practical. He agreed so I booked us an obstructed OV on Deck 8. I'd researched the views out of the windows on the obstructed cabins and chose 709. Just a little bit of steel platform thingie but no lifeboat. It turned out, for us, a perfect choice for this cruise. We were very comfortable and certainly did not miss our usual balcony. :D

Yes, we packed warm clothing and rain jackets too (just in case) so no problems for us. LOL and they sure came in handy. ;). It was quite an adventure.

Happy sails

Sue