I sent my "cruise review" to Guest Relations and a Thank you to UB...

Sablerose

... just wanted to let you all know. Actually I sent the Thank-You to UB (plus one to everyone at Carnival I had e-mail addresses for that had helped out with the planning etc. of our cruise) the day we were back home and had internet access.

So, if I hear anything more about how/what/why things happened, I will be sure to let you know.

Those of you who can send an e-mail to UB and get a quick reply from him or his office are truly lucky! It's been a week since I e-mailed him our thank-you for everything and I haven't heard back. I at least hope our thank-you and my description of our amazing trip gave him a smile.

LOL Rose, you'll get a reply... first cruise, I sent an email on recommendation from somewhere here. Got 4 replies over the course of a month... all said different things, all completely different. I think his helpers weren't on the ball as to what they had replied to and what they hadn't :p

LOL Rose, you'll get a reply... first cruise, I sent an email on recommendation from somewhere here. Got 4 replies over the course of a month... all said different things, all completely different. I think his helpers weren't on the ball as to what they had replied to and what they hadn't :p

Ha! Well, no matter what I'll keep everybody here in the loop. I never would have known who to contact over there at the beginning of all of this if it weren't for CC. So since you guys are all along for the ride, I might as well keep ya on til the end. ;)

Ha, if I ended up with that many responses I think I'd be tickled pink.

Rose, did you send a snail-mail letter to Guest Relations as well? You'll probably get the famous "45 day letter." Yet another perk - this time to enjoy on your next cruise!

Nope, I only sent an e-mail (albeit detailed) to Guest Relations.

I did, however, hear back from UB today - twice - from his blackberry! He wrote telling me how happy he was we had a great time on our anniversary cruise, I wrote back and told him we were so happy in fact that we've already booked another one.

The second e-mail? Just one word. "Teriffic!"

I'm assuming since they were sent from his wireless blackberry device, it means he sent them himself rather than one of his helpers. It's a nice feeling, and it's going to go in our memory book.

I'm a cheeseball.

Nope, I only sent an e-mail (albeit detailed) to Guest Relations.

I did, however, hear back from UB today - twice - from his blackberry! He wrote telling me how happy he was we had a great time on our anniversary cruise, I wrote back and told him we were so happy in fact that we've already booked another one.

The second e-mail? Just one word. "Teriffic!"

I'm assuming since they were sent from his wireless blackberry device, it means he sent them himself rather than one of his helpers. It's a nice feeling, and it's going to go in our memory book.

I'm a cheeseball.

Great news kiddo. Next time though the Captain is going to need a really big table for you and all your frineds. :D

Great news kiddo. Next time though the Captain is going to need a really big table for you and all your frineds. :D

Next time? You're joking, right?

We're looking at this as one of those "you only get one trip like this per lifetime" events. If it ever happened a second time, I better also have purchased a bunch of powerball tickets for the same week.

It's like getting hit by lightning! Isn't it?

I tell you what, Duckie, if it happens again, I sure hope you're there at the table with us! :D Can they SEAT all the Saints and Sinners at the Captains' Table at the same time?

I sent UB a thank you and praised the service we received, from the PVP to the great service on the cruise. I got an email from UB thanking me and then a month or so later (can't remember exactly) I got a thank you letter with a $50 shipboard credit on for next cruise. I wasn't expecting anything, I just feel good service should be recognized, something that, I think, is not done enough in this world. We are very quick to criticize and very stingy with recognition. Anyway, they "big guys" do listen.

Archived