I'm not a Spa Kinda Guy

LakeWobegon

No its not, I pay $20 at the salon I go to. My son goes to local old barber in town who is $15.00. The Hair Cuttery is $18.00. I wouldn't call $25 really cheap considering it takes the woman about 8 minutes to wet my hair and cut it:')

$25 is a matter of geography for cost analysis, no? This price for a salon for $25 is inline with where I live, but may be low for someone in an upscale demographic.

The mani/pedi at $90 is high for me since it is $60 at home; but for my friend, it is cheap since it is $120 at her home.

I set an overall budget for my vacation and if it's in the budget, I will try it out and enjoy the experience.

No its not, I pay $20 at the salon I go to. My son goes to local old barber in town who is $15.00. The Hair Cuttery is $18.00. I wouldn't call $25 really cheap considering it takes the woman about 8 minutes to wet my hair and cut it:')

You can't compare an $18 hair cuttery cut to a $25+ hair cut at a more upscale place. There is a huge difference. You get what you pay for. More power to you if you like the results of a hair cuttery hair cut. But before I started shaving my head, I could never go to a hair cuttery type place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH and his father have each had the shave and haircut on board more than once. They're definitely not "spa kinda guys" but they enjoyed it. I've had my hair cut and coloured a couple of times and DH wants me to do it again on our upcoming cruise. I was resisting it because we're travelling as a group and I don't want to feel trapped in the salon while everyone else is having fun. :D I may have to go because I desperately need a haircut and I don't seem to ever make time to get it done on shore.

I usually have a shave on the ship. It's fun, and it's not something I do at home - it's a vacation thing. Part of the enjoyment for me is the ritual - towels, creams, incantations. I'm usually about to fall asleep, what with lying down, with my eyes covered with a warm cloth. At home, I just shave in the shower in a hurry. At the spa, even an express shave is almost an hour. Just be ready to deflect any sales pitches for product - although I've noticed lately that the sales pitch ends faster than in the past.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I meant to clarify in my post - both DH and his father have beards. They had more of a beard trim than a shave, but they shaved enough to clean up the beards. They also mentioned that the loved the hot towel. :)