Port of Miami precruise hotel with parking

JennyD1

Just booked the Celebrity Equinox for this December. This will be our first Celebrity cruise and can't wait, as the ship sounds wonderful in all the reviews I have read. We will be driving to Miami the day prior to the cruise and are looking for a nice (clean and reasonably priced) hotel for the one night before the cruise. I have read that some hotels have cruise parking included and some even shuttle you to the port. If anyone has done this, any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

We researched a pre-cruise Miami hotel with free or discounted parking, but we were flying back to MIA airport, hence proximity to the port itself was not a requirement for us. We ended up at the Courtyard Miami Airport/Doral, which actually included free parking. We took a $19 Uber to the port, then the hotel's free shuttle from the airport on our return.

I'm skeptical about finding something that is close to the port and reasonably priced, especially in December.

Good luck, and you will love the Equinox! Our favorite Celebrity ship.

We stayed at courtyard marriot as well and I parked my car there for a week. They had a free airport shuttle(my wife flew I drove) but we took the hotel shuttle to the dock. They have little package deals I don't think the parking was free when we stayed last April and they wanted a small fortune per day I think I ended up buying a package of park/stay at the hotel and then purchased the shuttle tickets separately but Uber would be cheaper for sure. I find this site handy sometimes too ...

http://www.cheapairportparking.org/mia

Often the parking is at the hotels you're staying at anyway and less than half the price of what the hotel charges.