Excursion Times - Non- RCI Excursions

We will be cruising for first time on the 19th on Legend of the Seas. Scheduled to Tender at 7:00 AM. I know this can change. Signed up for X-stream Cave Tubing in Belize and they sent back confirm with a meeting time of 7:50 AM. I was advised by RCI that you must allow 1 - 1 1/2 hours to disembark etc. and that you can't count on getting there at a certain time. That's why they recommend you book with them. They guarantee. I understand all that but the Excursion Co. knows what ship and has all the arrival times, etc., won't they wait a short time in case you a delay in disembarking etc.?

I sent a note to Excursion Co., but no response yet.

Most good independents are well aware of the ship's schedule and will know if you're having a problem with a tender and will wait!

You might want to also ask this question on the Ports of Call Board under Belize. Maybe you'll find someone who has used Excursion Co. and be able to give you more help!

Hope you have a wonderful time! Please remember to tell us all about it when you return.

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

We booked an excursion on our own, online, for our visit to Belize on the Enchantment Nov. 10th. Be advised that R.C.I. puts all their passengers on the tenders, first, who have booked shore excursions with R.C.I. Because of this, we did not get ashore at Belize City until almost 10 a.m. although the excursion company had put a 9 a.m. start for the Belize Zoo tour on our email confirmation.

So when we arrived at the designated meeting place, no one was there. But we ran into one of the excursion company folks who must have spotted how lost we appeared! He took care of us, got us on a van with two other couples.

But it certainly is a monopoly of sorts which R.C.I. has by giving preference to passengers who have booked shore excursions through them when at a tendering port.

Archived