Alaska on Princess

indygirl99

We will be on the Emerald in August. I cruised once before a long time ago, and a whole other life so don't remember much. Mr Indy has never cruised.

This is a "once in a lifetime" but I hope to convince Mr Indy that it can be a better way to travel.

We have C749, so a full suite with balcony aft. We are from the Pacific North WET so we are used to cold rain. I understand the balcony is partially covered so we should be able to spend a good amount of time out on the balcony just chilling. Do I really need to make reservations for the Sanctuary?

We chose ATD since one of the suite benefits is priority seating whenever we are ready to eat, and this frees up a TD table.

With the priority booking for specialty restaurants and excursions does this mean if I go as soon as we embark and put our name in for the Chef's Table and the Ultimate ship tour that we are more likely to get them?

The itinerary shows 3 hours in Tracey Arm. Will this give us a good view of the glacier and possible calving or should we book the smaller boat 6 hour tour?

I am sure I will have more questions later but thanks for any responses.

I would not book the Sanctuary in Alaska. I want to move around and I like Deck 7 for best views.

Yes - definitely book the small boat tour for Tracy Arm! I wouldn't go on that itinerary with out booking it.

Dining - check to see if your ship has Club dining. This will be better than Traditional and ATD.