Has anyone used the HUB texting feature on Sunshine recently?

momin05

I was curious if it worked. When we sailed Sunshine in May, it never worked. Not just that it was slow or spotty, it actually never loaded. I got my money back at Guest Services and they acknowledged it wasn't working. We sail on Sunshine again in 3 weeks and I would love to do this with my daughter, if it works! Looking for people's experience. Thanks!

I was curious if it worked. When we sailed Sunshine in May, it never worked. Not just that it was slow or spotty, it actually never loaded. I got my money back at Guest Services and they acknowledged it wasn't working. We sail on Sunshine again in 3 weeks and I would love to do this with my daughter, if it works! Looking for people's experience. Thanks!

Yes, we were on the Sunshine last week and had the app. The texting feature worked well, I was definitely happy with the whole app.

What's the charge for using it?

Most of the HUB app functions are free to use without purchasing any internet package but, if you want to chat while on-board with other HUB app users that costs 5 dollars per device, per cruise. Only works on-board and only to other devices that have HUB chat enabled.

Download HUB app now and install it for a countdown timer to your cruise and a list of ships it's active on.

Yes, we were on the Sunshine last week and had the app. The texting feature worked well, I was definitely happy with the whole app.

Yay! Thank you so much. It would really be nice if it works.

Just curious, what never loaded? the app? You would need wifi to download the app.

Just curious, what never loaded? the app? You would need wifi to download the app.

I had the HUB app downloaded and when I got on board it asked me about purchasing the chat feature, which I did, but the chat feature never showed up on the app. We had 33 people on this cruise and it didn't work for anyone. The rest of the HUB app worked fine. When the $5 charge showed up on my account later in the cruise, I went to guest services and told them it never worked. They said they were having problems with it and refunded my money.

We were on Sunshine 3/4 through 3/12. In order for the chat feature to work, the HUB app has to remain open on your phone at all times. As a serial window closer, this bugged me. And if it wasn't open, the messages wouldn't come through - it's not like they were waiting for you when you did open it.

Also, the internet package sucked this trip. The only times it worked were at 4am and when we were in ports and the boat was nearly empty. The wifi strength on Sunshine does not support 5000+ people (passengers and crew) :(

I used the HUB on the conquest cruise but didn't use the messaging feature so can't answer to that.. Absolutely loved it.

I did have it loaded pre cruise this time since the cruise before I wasn't able to add it on the ship.

Always had a map of the ship and times of things going on all around the ship within easy reach without having to find the funtimes.

I also loved having my charges easily available to keep track of, also had the other person travelling with me under my charges so I could keep track of both of us without having to track down the ATM machines that you can get your charges from (hoping they are working and don't have a line.)

Very happy it is on the Sunshine (I had previously been on Conquest where I used it) it just streamlined everything . See something that looks interesting on the schedule, tap it and it gives the location it is happening.

Hoping it works as well on the Sunshine

Really enjoyed it.