Has anyone gotten married on a Carnival ship?

Megan_Strick

Any info you would like to share? My son got engaged yesterday and that is something they may be interested in.

I'm sure it happens, it sounds expensive to me and I honestly hope I don't encounter one because I would imagine it causes a disruption to other activities and services.

Yes but it was back in 2004. It was a lot less expensive then. We did everything through Island Weddings I think (That was who Carnival used). The minister came on in Montego Bay and we got married on the Conquest in the Conference room which they keep pretty much set up for weddings. There were only 4 other family members. We had the cake in the Library and they took our pictures both before, during, and after. It was not disruptive to any activities or services.

I'm sure it happens, it sounds expensive to me and I honestly hope I don't encounter one because I would imagine it causes a disruption to other activities and services.

My wife decorates cakes for a business and has an arrangement to deliver wedding cakes as required to P&O ships in Auckland. As it is close to my office I delivered one for her to Pacific Pearl last Friday.

They are usually done before sailing because people can attend that aren't sailing.

Any info you would like to share? My son got engaged yesterday and that is something they may be interested in.

Our daughter got married on the Pride last June. The wedding was held when the ship was in port (Baltimore). You are allowed 50 non-sailing guests. We had 50 non-sailing and 33 sailing. The wedding and reception were perfect and very affordable!

I was married on the Conquest, January 2016. As stated, the wedding takes place before sailing (bridal parties board first). We had 17 family members sail with us. It was an amazing time and I highly recommend it. Carnival was great to work with making the planning less stressful all around. The price was so much cheaper than anything comparable at home. There is a site here on CC that is all about weddings and is full of great information.

I am getting married on Saturday on the Paradise in port (Tampa). Everything has been very easy to plan, since Carnival does it all. It is also extremely affordable, at least compared to everywhere else we had looked in to. Plus our honeymoon was included! We have a total of 50 guests, with 27 of them sailing with us. We get to board before everyone else and will have two cabins available to us to get ready. Usually the ceremonies are at 1 PM and the receptions are at 1:30 for port weddings and you will not know the exact location of them until about 2 weeks before the wedding. Carnival has recently changed the wedding packages so you now have to pay for everything (food/drinks) individually based on what you want and increased the price a bit. We were lucky and got the all-inclusive and cheaper price before it was changed.

Carnival includes the wedding decor; which is a aisle runner, flowers, cake topper, and an ice sculpture. You get one plain white bouquet and boutonniere as well. You can customize the flowers and add more for a price and can request to bring in other cake decorations. Carnival works with a company called The Wedding Experience that will provide the officiant and flowers. We chose to get our own flowers, which have to be silk you cannot bring on real flowers. You can also add a DJ for the reception at a cost.

If it is something they are interested in call Carnival and you can get a tour of the ship and the wedding locations before deciding if you want to do it.

If you have any other questions let me know I will do my best to answer them before we set sail!

There are weddings on many sailings. Of the 32 cruises I've been on I never had any activity or dining venues disrupted by these events. If the wedding takes place on embarkation day the ceremony and celebration usually are held in one of the lounges that wouldn't be open anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We got married on The Conquest in June. It was fantastic. I highly recommend it. We had 6

55 total guests with 38: sailing. You do have to pay for the extra guess once you go over 50 and you have to get special permission. Which basically just means they want to know that you will have extra people and they make sure you pay ahead of time for them .

if you have and questions let us know

Just a side note - you don't have to get married at the port of embarkation. You can choose to do so in a port of call like we did.

Only problem would be if the ship wasn't able to call on the port you planned on having wedding at. Say due to weather or mechanical problems with the ship.

Only problem would be if the ship wasn't able to call on the port you planned on having wedding at. Say due to weather or mechanical problems with the ship.

You're right - it happened to those that chose Grand Cayman. The waves were too high and we didn't go. That's why we picked a non tender port. Sure it can happen at any stop, but the chances are much lower where there is a dock.

It can also happen in the home port if the ship is late coming in due to fog, etc. Not sure what they would so in that case if the ship was hours late like has happened before and boarding doesn't start until night time. I would imagine clergy wouldn't be available that late. Nothing is foolproof.

I was married on the Dream in 2010 and had all 25 of my guests sail with us, we were married in St Thomas and everything was extremely stress free. The reception was open bar in the night club and our pics came out amazing. The pictures were extra and were expensive but the quality was really good.

We got married in Key West with Weddings to Go. It was a package deal and super affordable. My husband and I flew directly into KW for the wedding but some family flew into Miami since flights were cheaper. They rented a car and drove the remaining way to KW. We cruised out of Miami the next day and they were able to drive us to the port. I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was married on the Conquest, January 2016. As stated, the wedding takes place before sailing (bridal parties board first). We had 17 family members sail with us. It was an amazing time and I highly recommend it. Carnival was great to work with making the planning less stressful all around. The price was so much cheaper than anything comparable at home. There is a site here on CC that is all about weddings and is full of great information.

Thanks for the info!!

I am getting married on Saturday on the Paradise in port (Tampa). Everything has been very easy to plan, since Carnival does it all. It is also extremely affordable, at least compared to everywhere else we had looked in to. Plus our honeymoon was included! We have a total of 50 guests, with 27 of them sailing with us. We get to board before everyone else and will have two cabins available to us to get ready. Usually the ceremonies are at 1 PM and the receptions are at 1:30 for port weddings and you will not know the exact location of them until about 2 weeks before the wedding. Carnival has recently changed the wedding packages so you now have to pay for everything (food/drinks) individually based on what you want and increased the price a bit. We were lucky and got the all-inclusive and cheaper price before it was changed.

Carnival includes the wedding decor; which is a aisle runner, flowers, cake topper, and an ice sculpture. You get one plain white bouquet and boutonniere as well. You can customize the flowers and add more for a price and can request to bring in other cake decorations. Carnival works with a company called The Wedding Experience that will provide the officiant and flowers. We chose to get our own flowers, which have to be silk you cannot bring on real flowers. You can also add a DJ for the reception at a cost.

If it is something they are interested in call Carnival and you can get a tour of the ship and the wedding locations before deciding if you want to do it.

If you have any other questions let me know I will do my best to answer them before we set sail!

Awesome and congrats!! Thanks for the info!