Star Princess Sanctuary

BarbarianPaul

My wife and I are first time Princess cruisers and will be sailing to Mexico in about a week on the Star Princess. I have a bunch of questions re The Sanctuary.

1. If we only use it on specific days, can it be booked in advance? Or must we get up at the crack of dawn and stand in line for that day? Does it always fill up, especially on sea days?

2. Is the cost still $20 for a half day?

3. Is it worth it?

4. Is it the only place on deck for peace and quiet? Is there music playing on all the other deck space and around the other pools?

5. Do they offer food and snacks?

6. Are any of the loungers in the shade?

Thanx in advance for anyone who answers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1. If we only use it on specific days, can it be booked in advance? Or must we get up at the crack of dawn and stand in line for that day? Does it always fill up, especially on sea days? They let me book as many days as I wanted on the first day on the ship. It looked full on the sea day in the afternoon. My other day there was a port day and it was pretty dead.

2. Is the cost still $20 for a half day? Yes.

3. Is it worth it? Yes

4. Is it the only place on deck for peace and quiet? Is there music playing on all the other deck space and around the other pools? I was there last week and could still hear the music/sounds from the MUTS screen and bar area. There were also some louder people at the Lotus pool that I could hear. It was generally quiet, though.

I also found some peace and quiet in the Thermal Spa, the Library and some other areas on the top deck that are a bit blocked off from the pool noise.

5. Do they offer food and snacks? I only booked afternoons and got there after they did the lunch rounds. They did have tea with sandwiches and cookies/scones/pastries around 4:00pm.

6. Are any of the loungers in the shade? Yes.

We were on the Star for a RT 10 Mexico last November. We used the adult only poor below the Sanctuary almost daily. We had a good view of the use of the space. I would say 2-3 per day even on sea days. Not a line up to reserve ever no reason. This ship has plenty of quite private areas. The pool is public so you are not buying a private pool experience

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you spend the $20 for a half day, you will probably never regret trying it....unless you dont want to be tempted to go back.

We did on a port day in Ketchikan two years ago (having been lucky enough to be there a few times before, we stayed onboard) and loved it. I was a bit sceptical, it seemed a little...I guess the best word is somewhere between "unnecessary" and "pretentious" to me given that you are already on a cruise ship...but my girlfiriend had it as a "must do" on our trip.

We are now planning multiple visits to the Sanctuary while in California this fall