Buying Pounds

I was wondering if anyone could advise on the use of euros in Scotland. I plan to get some pounds at the airport but want to minimize what I take out so I don't have any left over.

While on the other hand, I won't mind having euros left over for an upcoming Med cruise.

I was wondering if anyone could advise on the use of euros in Scotland. I plan to get some pounds at the airport but want to minimize what I take out so I don't have any left over.

While on the other hand, I won't mind having euros left over for an upcoming Med cruise.

If you had read post 17 it clearly explains that in Scotland the currency is GBP. They do have different bank notes which are legal tender throughout the UK.

If you had read post 17 it clearly explains that in Scotland the currency is GBP. They do have different bank notes which are legal tender throughout the UK.

Thank you. I did see that but was wondering if euros are accepted in Scotland, although I do plan on having some sterling. Just not a lot.

Thank you. I did see that but was wondering if euros are accepted in Scotland, although I do plan on having some sterling. Just not a lot.

Trying to use Euros in Scotland will likely go over about as well as trying to use Euros in Nebraska.

By the way... Our British cousins' frequent suggestion that American visitors should "use a contactless card" is useless for most Americans, for the simple fact that they are rare as rubies in the United States. At least, I have never seen one offered on any U.S. credit card website; nor have I ever seen one actually being used on the western side of the Atlantic; nor have I ever noticed or been aware of a "contactless" pay terminal in any American store where I've shopped. I don't know any Americans who have a "contactless" credit card--at least, no one has ever told me that they have one. Not only that, whenever I've mentioned this type of card to any of my American friends, they don't have the foggiest notion of what I'm talking about. (Of course, this may be because I tend to lead a somewhat sheltered existence & don't customarily hob-nob with hipsters; and I don't frequent sophisticated circles except when I'm on board a Cunard liner. ;))

Most Amex cards can be requested with contactless.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/chip/faqs-contactless.html?linknav=us-loy-contactlesschip-faqs