RSSC Navigator vs. SS Whisper

SSCAF001

Just to clarify, business class travel from the UK is not standard on all cruises with Regent, my hubby has booked us on the South Pacific cruise from LA to Tahiti in 2019 and travel is in economy. We have to wait till 11 months out, to get an upgraded fare price, that we will then be added onto our bill if acceptable. As the flight home from Tahiti will be, between 20-24 hrs over two night flights, business class will be a must on the homeward flight ;)

We have always found that with the transatlantic flights/or long haul flights we have upgraded with Regent and found their upgrade costs to be really good prices. Our TA gives us an estimate cost that Regent has given them, and then when the seats are available at the time scale they are not usually that far out with the estimated costs. Jean.

Just to clarify, business class travel from the UK is not standard on all cruises with Regent, my hubby has booked us on the South Pacific cruise from LA to Tahiti in 2019 and travel is in economy. We have to wait till 11 months out, to get an upgraded fare price, that we will then be added onto our bill if acceptable. As the flight home from Tahiti will be, between 20-24 hrs over two night flights, business class will be a must on the homeward flight ;)

Yes - I understand that people outside of North America do not get the special Business Class inclusive fares but do get discounts that are not available in North America. While I don't know what is behind the difference in North America, the U.K. and Australia, I suspect that the airline contracts that Regent has is based on number of "possible" passengers that could/would take advantage of Regent Air. Since, North America passengers are by the far the highest number of passengers, they get that particular advantage. On the other hand, the new Australian luxury cruise line (forget the name) has benefits for Australian residents and some luxury European cruise lines likely have better deals for people living there (including the U.K. with Europe in this case).